Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby lying low

(7 Posts)
Brunette28 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:27:07

Just been for 34 week midwife app and midwife said baby is lying quite low. I asked if this means she might come early and she said maybe. Anyone else or any other experiences please?

LadyLuck81 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:55:50

My babies were both low and engaged from the early 30's weeks. One came at 38+4 and one at 39+6. It doesn't always mean anything.

Brunette28 Thu 28-Jan-16 17:30:04

Oh well wishfull thinking ay lol. Midwife notes also say 4/5 palpable which I've read means 1/5 engaged. Is this pretty normal aswell?

Brunette28 Thu 28-Jan-16 18:06:08

Forgot to mention it's my second baby

Katarzyna79 Thu 28-Jan-16 18:17:52

I think it may but no guarantees, I had all mine at weeks 37 and 38 so I would say make sure your bags are packed asap, and pray if that's your thing, meditate whatever lots of positive thoughts to get through the labour, don't you just hate men they don't have to go through the bloody pain. I'm not looking forward to it again......

my first was at 37 weeks 2nd was 38 weeks was very low too from 7 months had 4 altogether always few weeks early. By your date the baby was so low midwife said it will come out in your underwear keep legs together .....lets just say I was red faced with that comment. But no kidding it was really hard to walk not comfortable sensations trying to walk. I bet you're not being able to sleep either.

I was like a beached whale sleeping on the hard floor for some pain relief. I hope you've not got painful pelvic pain. touch wood ive not got it this time yet, but I'm only 26 weeks, so the worst may be yet to come. I had SPD with 3 kids out of 4. I can handle birth without pain relief, but I had tears streaming down my face just trying to get up the stairs with pelvic pain, its really a PITA.

I hope you are doing well op your little one will be here soon!!!! So exciting! I think the 2nd baby and every subsequent one was easier than the first, so I'm hoping you will find it easier this time round, but anything unexpected can happen its out of our hands with nature ey? Keep positive and let us know how it goes!

Brunette28 Thu 28-Jan-16 19:04:58

Thanks Katarzyna79. Yes I'm the same struggling to walk now, non stop toilet breaks and have like a siatica type pain right from my bum down my left leg, so starting to get very uncomfortable. I'm getting to the point now where I just want her out, so sick of being pregnant, probably like most women at my stage lol. First baby was 11 days early so I'm hoping to come at 37/38 weeks, just can't amagine doing the whole 6..!! sad but yes can't wait now not long to go

Dixiechick17 Thu 28-Jan-16 19:36:35

My DD was low and engaged from 32 weeks and she arrived at 40+4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now