Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Elevated NK Cells

(13 Posts)
Sonia2979 Wed 27-Jan-16 15:10:43

Hello, I was hoping that some of you lovely ladies could provide support or success stories, DH and I have been TTC for 4.5 years and never had a bfp. I have been diagnosed with very high NK Cells CD69 - 2.64 and cytotoxicity assay of 42% by Dr Shehata, I am steriods and intralipids, has anyone else been in my situation and then gone on to have a bfp? Your responses are appreciated as right now feel my circumstances and very unique. Thank you in advance

Frank85 Wed 27-Jan-16 16:40:18

Yes mine were very high as it linked to endo so they tested me for it as part of my IVF treatment
Im 31 weeks pregnant smile
I will never know for sure whether the treatment for my NK cells was the reason it worked first time or I didn't really need it!
For the next baby we are planning on just having treatment for the NK cells - humira / intralips and seeing if it works without having to go though IVF again

Frank85 Wed 27-Jan-16 16:40:25

Yes mine were very high as it linked to endo so they tested me for it as part of my IVF treatment
Im 31 weeks pregnant smile
I will never know for sure whether the treatment for my NK cells was the reason it worked first time or I didn't really need it!
For the next baby we are planning on just having treatment for the NK cells - humira / intralips and seeing if it works without having to go though IVF again

Sonia2979 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:28:39

Thank you for your response. Do you mind telling me his long you were ttc and what your Nk results were?

Frank85 Wed 27-Jan-16 19:41:16

I dont mind!
We were trying for around a year, I had other complications relating to my endo, but everything went quite well and I was actually in pretty good shape and I had also had my tube flushed out etc so in theory wasn't really a reason why i wasn't convincing the raised NK cells came as a bit of a shock!
Because we really wanted to crack on with IVF and get pregnant as soon as possible just dont know for sure if it was really only the NK cells that needed treating
I dont know my exact levels but was told they were very high
I was on steroids until 12 weeks, the intralips every 4 weeks until 20 weeks pregnant also has x 2 humira injections to lower the NK cells which they re tested and were low enough to get on with the IVF

Frank85 Wed 27-Jan-16 19:44:11

Also worked first time!

Sonia2979 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:35:08

That's great news Frank85, fingers cross the treatment works for me.

Frank85 Wed 27-Jan-16 21:01:37

Good luck!

aimees75 Wed 27-Jan-16 22:44:22

Sonia check out the immunes
section of fertilityfriends website there is a whole lot of information dedicated to it. Best of luck

Sonia2979 Wed 27-Jan-16 23:48:06

Thank you aimees75

cheapredwine Thu 28-Jan-16 08:42:01

Yes, am currently 17 weeks after ARGC cycle and a LOT of immune treatment. Initially cytokines were very high (so x2 Humira courses, x2 intralipids) then during stims NK cells went into orbit and still high, have had 4 IVIG so far but guessing I'll end up having another 2. Have also been on Dexamethasone and a lot of progesterone (3 Cyclogest and 2 vials of Gestone) plus baby aspirin. My problem is mainly CD56 though others have been elevated (or low) from time to time. Good luck!

Sonia2979 Thu 28-Jan-16 15:57:21

Good luck to you too cheapredwine, have you ever got a bfp?

cheapredwine Thu 28-Jan-16 16:16:04

Sonia the only BFP I've ever had in my life was that last immune cycle at ARGC, am still in shock TBH, touch wood am due in early July. Strongly believe it was at least partly (mainly?) down to immune treatment. Had 2 previous cycles NHS which both went really, really well until the final hurdle. Everything would seem to suggest immunes played a role in implantation failure. Wishing you all the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now