Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

heartburn / acid reflux

(6 Posts)
UptownFunk00 Wed 27-Jan-16 13:10:04

I'm 37+5 and for the last few weeks had terrible heartburn/reflux. It will last for hours and although I haven't been sick yet it often feels like I will.

It used to only be at night but it's nearly all the time now.

I:
- take Gaviscon
- eat smaller meals
- drink plenty of fluids
- prop myself up

Is there anything else I can do?

CoodleMoodle Wed 27-Jan-16 13:14:56

I was exactly the same OP.

In the end I couldn't sleep because of it, so I went to the GP and got ranitidine. It helped a lot, especially at night which was the worst time. One before bed and I could sleep! I also used to have a cup of milk and a couple of biscuits just before sleep.

Hope you get some relief soon, it's horrible flowers

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 27-Jan-16 13:21:14

Yes, go to the GP. I'm on omeprazole.

dizzylemon Wed 27-Jan-16 14:24:49

I'm going to the GP next week because I'm getting it at week 30 and it's only going to get worse! I've been buying Gaviscon over the counter but know it'll only escalate so may as well see if I can get anything else or at least get it on prescription now!

Emma290 Wed 27-Jan-16 14:45:49

Defiantly go to GP and request omeprazole. Best thing I have ever done! My heartburn was so so bad 24/7 took my first table on Monday and have not had it once since feel like a new women grin

Onthedowns Wed 27-Jan-16 14:57:48

I just started omeprozile it has helped massively still occasional but I don't wake up burning at night, it can be quite dangerous for your osphegeous if not treated !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now