Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Smelly knickers whilst pregnant (sorry!) ?

(20 Posts)
CheshireDing Tue 26-Jan-16 18:47:52

Sorry this is a bit rank. Am 26 wks pregnant with DC3 and even though I shower every day and would consider myself a clean person sometimes I have started to notice recently I can smell myself (as in smell my lady bits) blush. I have tried to wear cotton knickers too as they felt a bit wet - but I am sure more sweaty than any waters breaking.

I have taken to changing my knickers at lunch at work but I can still smell myself afterwards, yesterday it smelt a bit like seman.

Gosh sorry I know it's horrid, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

mangocoveredlamb Tue 26-Jan-16 18:50:08

I had this!
I used panty liners and changed then regularly. I just hoped no one noticed and that it was my pregnancy super smell meaning I could smell it.
It's horrid, so you have my sympathy!

bluewisteria Tue 26-Jan-16 18:50:55

I have! Midwife said its common to change but get a swab done if you're worried about infection. I was about your gestation when I noticed a change too. Has the colour/texture changed of the discharge? Does it smell 'wrong' or 'bad' instinctively?

Junosmum Tue 26-Jan-16 18:51:43

hat kind of smell (makes a big difference). Yogurt or spermy, totally normal. Fishy or rotting eat, needs seeing too.

Junosmum Tue 26-Jan-16 18:52:23

what

Highlove Tue 26-Jan-16 18:52:57

Me! I shower every morning but still smell! Not everyday but some days. I've taken to wearing a liner so I can just change regularly. I find it really embarrassing - I'd be mortified if a anyone noticed. I'm not as far along as you are but I recall this from previous pregnancy.

bluewisteria Tue 26-Jan-16 18:53:27

Actually semen smell is like your waters, you should get checked ASAP!!!

bluewisteria Tue 26-Jan-16 18:54:34

Semen/sweet smell, I would call midwife and ask. They will swab you to test it.

Iggi999 Tue 26-Jan-16 18:59:07

Yup. Stops after the birth!

gemsparkle84 Tue 26-Jan-16 19:10:08

I'm 34 weeks had this from around week 20. Normal smell but very strong. Yes completely paranoid others can smell as well ha. Oh well I'm sure it's another perk of being preggo wink

CheshireDing Tue 26-Jan-16 19:22:27

Ha ha thank you everyone, didn't think anyone would reply as it is so gross grin

I think I might get it checked tomorrow on the way to work then at the walk-in centre as it has smelt semeny previously and then today fishing (so gross).

I am DEFINITELY not doing this a fourth time once DC3 is out !!

May09Bump Tue 26-Jan-16 19:36:53

Bodyform panty liners are working for me - has reduced this issue.

Junosmum Tue 26-Jan-16 19:52:18

I smelled slightly spermy throughout, my waters smelled REALLY spermy!

CheshireDing Tue 26-Jan-16 20:58:47

Will try a pad in my knicks too tomorrow, fx for less stinky tomorrow

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 26-Jan-16 21:02:11

Another one with spermy knickers here. I did send up with thrush at one point, but yes, I'm having to change my undies twice a day some days. Panty liners help.

Pagetta Tue 26-Jan-16 21:02:25

i have this - i think because my trousers are tight and i have a lot of discahrge (ewww)
why is pregnancy so gross :-/

zippyswife Tue 26-Jan-16 21:13:02

Me! I'm smelly too! Had it since about 20 weeks. I was swabbed. All
Normal. It's just another rank part of pregnancy!

Mslg Tue 26-Jan-16 21:18:59

Spermy knickers here too 🖐

Liners all the way!

Osirus Tue 26-Jan-16 22:29:38

Me too, but I've had it for about 4 weeks and I'm only 19 weeks. It's not unpleasant but I hope no one else notices!

Ilovepercypigs3 Wed 27-Jan-16 07:43:19

Same here! I find it amusing that people say how great it is that you don't have a period for all of pregnancy, but I have got through more pads and liners since being pregnant than I could ever have imagined. Been wearing them constantly since week 9 I reckon and am now week 30. Had a check at 24 weeks in case it was waters as I 'graduated' from liners to pads, but seems to just be another joyous symptom of being preggo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now