Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

pain pushing right down my pelvis in between my legs

(9 Posts)
mayaknew Mon 25-Jan-16 17:05:52

I don't know if I'm explaining this right confused

I'm 39 weeks with dc3 and been feeling pressure for about 2 weeks now but mw said babies head still free (apparently engagement doesn't really happen in 2nd+ babies??

Just sat down and leaned forward slightly and felt a horrible and severe pain pushing right down into my pelvis and and basically right onto my lady bitsblush

I had to bounce back and sort of recover it was really quite alarming. Any ideas what it was ?

JellyBaby26 Mon 25-Jan-16 19:09:30

Sounds like someone's head to me!!

NHKX2 Mon 25-Jan-16 19:10:46

My best guess is baby's head hitting cervix; I've been getting this for weeks now (I'm 40+3) and sometimes it's excruciating...

I don't know for sure, this is just what I've been advised by my Dr. as a likely explanation for my pain, which sounds very similar to what your describing.

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 25-Jan-16 19:31:12

yes sounds like the baby to me.

mayaknew Mon 25-Jan-16 19:33:38

I thought it seemed like her head but because mw said head still free I wasn't sure. It was so sore I got such a fright.

Fourormore Mon 25-Jan-16 19:35:30

My second and third babies' heads engaged over the final few weeks but unlike the first, who went from 1/5th engaged to fully engaged, my second and third's would engage and then come free and then engage again...

daisydalrymple Mon 25-Jan-16 19:41:16

Think the head can kind of bob in and out a bit, but if you're in a certain position it's more able to push down with dc3. I remember walking to school thinking dc3 was literally about to drop out with a month to go.
Mind you, he did arrive that weekend 3.5 weeks early!

Maybe you've inadvertently started a live I'm in labour thread grin ooh do report back!

daisydalrymple Mon 25-Jan-16 19:43:05

Also possibly the head may just have been pushing on a nerve from the type of pain you describe? Very best wishes anyway, hope all goes speedily well.

mayaknew Mon 25-Jan-16 20:01:37

Argh it just happened again and I didn't even move I was lying down. Wasn't as sore that time to.be fair but same kind of pain/feeling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: