Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is PMT style moodiness normal in pregnancy?

(13 Posts)
BettyBi0 Sun 24-Jan-16 07:55:42

Wasn't sure whether to post this in AIBU. I'm totally open to being told I'm being a grumpy cow...

Is it normal to go through a phase in pregnancy where everything your partner does gets on your nerves and you feel really opposed to the idea of any kind of intimacy?

I guess I should preface this with the fact that I know we normally have a healthy relationship, usually communicate really well, never had any big rows or issues before. I get little flickers of this general annoyance/ revulsion feeling every month with my PMT normally but I just keep schtum and it passes before the next day so I'm always glad I never LTB haha

Please someone come along and tell me it's a normal hormonal thing from my pregnancy and will pass soon before I have a massive PMT style row about them being a d*ck

hopinghopefullyagain Sun 24-Jan-16 08:00:28

It was normal in mine ☺

KittyandTeal Sun 24-Jan-16 08:02:40

Yep totally normal.

I'm not usually too bad with my DH but good lord the rest of the world drives me nuts when I'm pregnant.

Pregnant lady rage it's fondly known as here. My sil has it atm too

BrienneofQarth Sun 24-Jan-16 08:42:46

I love dh to bits but have regularly wanted to kill him over the past nine months. It's normal!

Highlove Sun 24-Jan-16 08:54:31

This is a relief. I could quite cheerfully kill him most of the time at the moment.

Chillyegg Sun 24-Jan-16 08:58:01

Oooo yeah.
Pregnant lady rage is insane!

Pagetta Sun 24-Jan-16 09:22:42

Yes - my poor husband. I called him fat three times 1st trimester (he's not!) And generally everything he does makes me angry. I know I'm doing it, and think 'he's being great, I need to show him affection and stop being a cowbag'... then he does something like sniff loudly and I'm off again!!confused

It's eased 2nd trimester but when I'm tired comes back full force!

Paperblank Sun 24-Jan-16 09:26:08

Totally normal. I would have LTB on Wednesday for being a twat - he wasn't, I was just a moody cow.

He's got enough sense not to go "ooooh hormones!" and enough kindness to realise that I am knackered, sore, overwhelmed and scared and that he gets the sharp end of it.

Thankfully 9 times out of 10 I know when I've been vile and he brushes off my apology and all is well again.

NHKX2 Sun 24-Jan-16 14:18:04

Yep! For me it started late first trimester and went pretty solidly through second. I was angry and moody with the world. If DH so much as breathed too loudly I wanted to smack him. He'd try and be supportive and tender and it made me even more angry. But it wasn't just directed at DH...God help the little old lady who walked too slowly in front of me or the person who dared to stand on the left side of the escalator. I was a ticking time bomb.

brookeberry Sun 24-Jan-16 14:27:31

Yep, totally normal. I have never been a moody, intolerant, snappy person - until now! It started late first trimester and still going strong at 28 weeks. DH finds it hilarious because I am usually very laid back - he sees it as just another lovely pregnancy symptom to add to the list hmm

Frank85 Sun 24-Jan-16 14:34:28

Yup Im a cow and so grumpy

BettyBi0 Sun 24-Jan-16 19:27:46

Phew! Yes, pregnant lady rage is a great name for it

zannyminxoxox Sun 24-Jan-16 20:22:28

Yes most definately, snappy moody emotional roller coaster 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now