Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So itchy! Advice anyone?

(10 Posts)
Miffyonline Sat 23-Jan-16 14:56:56

28 weeks pregnant and My tummy and boobs are so itchy, especially in the evening and at night. I know it's just the skin stretching, but it's driving me crazy. I keep it moisturised. Is there anything else I can try?

Rpj16 Sat 23-Jan-16 15:57:43

Go see your GP? I currently have PUPPPs... its horrible, spreading all over stretch marks and tummy! 1 in 150 women get it. So, hopefully you don't have same as me. I went to doctor, and given special moisturiser and a cream, but the cure is delivering the baby (almost 41 weeks pg so not too long now). Its worst at night.

GP gave me cetrabin moisturiser which can keep in fridge and its very gentle.
So you could try that?
Whens your next midwife appointment?

Borninthe60s Sat 23-Jan-16 16:03:43

Please see GP. My friend was and she had a condition which is common in pregnancy but needed to be monitored (can't renewed name of it sorry)

BookNeek Sat 23-Jan-16 16:08:47

The fact that the itching is mostly on your bump probably does just point to stretching/dry skin...BUT you should definitely get this checked out by your midwife or GP asap. Itching can be a sign of obstetric cholestasis, which is a pregnancy condition that can cause your liver not to function properly.

gemsparkle84 Sat 23-Jan-16 17:46:42

My friend used E45 'Itch' cream and she said it was the only cream that would help! Speak to your midwife too as really itchy skin can sometimes be serious! I'm sure you're fine but if it gets bad just ask them. grin

KnitsBakesAndReads Sat 23-Jan-16 18:15:26

Agree about getting it checked by your GP or midwife but if it's just normal pregnancy itching then I recommend Aveeno cream. It's a really gentle moisturiser that gets absorbed quite quickly and can be really soothing. You can get it on prescription or just buy it from Boots or similar shops.

SparklyTinselTits Sat 23-Jan-16 18:18:44

Pure virgin coconut oil smile
I itched to the point where I scratched skin off blush but then a friend bought me a jar of coconut oil round and it made it so much better!

23jumpstreet Sat 23-Jan-16 18:21:51

Make sure it's not on your hands or feet as you may have a liver function condition

happytocomply Sat 23-Jan-16 19:06:32

I know it's ubiquitous at the moment but coconut oil worked miracles for me too in pregnancy. I used to often find myself absentmindedly scratching my belly/boobs in public blush.

Everythinggettingbigger Sat 23-Jan-16 21:46:30

Boobs are so itchy I have cut them to pieces blush

Sounds like normal pregnancy itching but do get it checked out to rule any other things out.

As a pp said Aveeno is a brilliant moisturiser. My DS and I both suffer from eczema and get it prescribed by the doctor, works wonders on dry skin. I keep mine in the fridge the relief is amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now