Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just wanting a moan about cold

(16 Posts)
LouLou030783 Sat 23-Jan-16 09:07:39

So sick of having the cold normally I'm very lucky and If I feel a cold coming on I drink a wee lemsip and I'm ok obvs couldn't do that and now I'm loaded barely slept for not being able to breathe I've had enough of having it now..sorry for sounding so poor poor me but it's very irritating

Mermaid36 Sat 23-Jan-16 09:10:05

YY!

I've had rhinitis for weeks, which has been shit, then a week ago developed a sinus and chest infection. I've had antibiotics, but obvs can't take anything for the immediate relief of symptoms - argh!!

LouLou030783 Sat 23-Jan-16 09:36:36

It's so annoying mermaid I'd just love a little lemsip or something right now x

Crumbles12 Sat 23-Jan-16 10:03:38

I know exactly what you mean and really feel for you!

I'm the same, normally the first sign of a cold I have strepsils and lemsip at the ready and manage to fight it off but this time without being able to take anything it's lasting 2 weeks! Can't even sleep and the constant sore throat and headache are awful without being able to take anything! I have been having hot water with honey and lemon which does seem to take the edge of the throat pain, might be worth a try flowers

LouLou030783 Sat 23-Jan-16 10:11:53

Thanks crumbles I'll maybe give it a shot x

mrsmugoo Sat 23-Jan-16 10:19:17

Make yourself a hot honey, lemon and ginger with a soluble paracetamol in it - it's only the decongestant in lemsips you can't have. Get well soon. I'm also pregnant and have fought off two colds this winter so I feel your pain.

Cerseirys Sat 23-Jan-16 10:23:03

Boots do their own version of Lemsip which only has paracetamol, so it's safe for pregnant women to take that.

LouLou030783 Sat 23-Jan-16 10:32:04

Yeah Mrsmugoo I knew it was the decongestants we weren't allowed, I seen someone say Vicks vapour rub is ok tho??

Aww really I'll maybe pop in to boots thanks for that

mrsmugoo Sat 23-Jan-16 10:50:00

Yeah Vicks is fine it's just menthol. I think it's called phenylephrine in sudafed and lemsip that isn't safe for pregnancy.

LouLou030783 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:20:20

Yeah Mrs mugoo it's because it's a Vaso constricter so can increase your blood pressure because of the way the medicine works. Wasn't 100% sure if Vicks was only menthol I'll maybe pop out and get some of that in the hope that it helps x

gemsparkle84 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:27:29

I've had a cold ladies I spoke to my GP they said Vicks was ok grin

sunshinemeg Sat 23-Jan-16 11:35:44

I feel your pain. I developed a cold Christmas Day evening. Awful night and several after that. Thought I was getting better about a week into January, but it's back and has brought a delightful cough with it. Doctor said the honey and lemon drink was great, and it's ok to use the vapo rub. But it's a pain, and to cap it all my 22 month DD has had it a week too! angry

Tftpoo Sat 23-Jan-16 13:41:19

Ugh, you have my sympathy too. The whole family has had a cold for a week but yesterday my 2 year old was admitted to hospital because it's turned into pneumonia. He's home now and getting better but looking after him and his brother with a cold myself and no lemsip at 32 weeks pg is challenging! Bring on mat leave!

LouLou030783 Sat 23-Jan-16 13:55:18

Awww tftpoo u poor soul glad ur son is on the mend x

MimiDoddrioni Sat 23-Jan-16 14:06:18

Hi, can I join in the moan too? I've got a blocked noise, am constantly sneezing and have been coughing so hard it hurts a bit down there sometimes. It seems to be making the pregnancy nausea worse too. This will hopefully be our first little one, so respect to all you ladies who are looking after DCs whilst feeling rough.

Tftpoo Sat 23-Jan-16 14:35:21

Thanks loulou. Hope you're feeling better very soon. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now