Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

another heartburn moan

(17 Posts)
applesvpears Sat 23-Jan-16 00:22:47

It hurts! I am tired! I can't get comfy ! Don't want to OD on Gavisvon ! sadsadsad

SomebodySedateMe Sat 23-Jan-16 01:08:14

Heartburn woke me up too! Have you told your midwife or GP? I got prescribed ranitidine and onezaprole. They're not working anymore though sad

applesvpears Sat 23-Jan-16 09:16:19

It's horrible isn't it? I was told they couldn't prescribe me anything. Possibly because of type 1 diabetes? Or I am already on antibiotics for a water infection. I am just a big old mess really confused

welshweasel Sat 23-Jan-16 09:18:52

Go back and insist on omeprazole. No reason why diabetes or antibiotics mean you can't have it. I now sleep!

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 23-Jan-16 14:38:35

Er, how long are you talking antibiotics for?! Go back to the GP and if they say the same, ask them why.

SomebodySedateMe Sat 23-Jan-16 14:38:46

I'm taking omeprazole with diabetes so I'd insist! It's been a godsend but apparently nothing is going to work for these last few weeks. My sickness has come back too. I'm a mess!

mrsjskelton Sat 23-Jan-16 21:26:00

Sipping milk sorts me every time - haven't touched gaviscon!

MingZillas Sat 23-Jan-16 21:31:25

Poor you, it's horrible isn't it. I remember it well.

I didn't even enjoy my after birth tea and toast because of the heartburn!

How many weeks are you?

Everythinggettingbigger Sat 23-Jan-16 21:33:06

It's been constant for about 4 days now 👍 great isn't it! Only 22 weeks too!

sepa Sat 23-Jan-16 22:44:41

I was told (by my colleague) that milk aggravated hers (non pregnancy related) which I found strange as it helps with curry heat.
33 weeks and mine is getting worse. Not taken anything yet though so maybe I have got off lightly.

I will be sipping the milk in the morning. Cant be arsed to move to more than my kitchen right now

Laquila Sat 23-Jan-16 22:51:10

Sipping milk definitely helps me - I was told it neutralises the acid. Gaviscon is revolting!

Underbella Sun 24-Jan-16 11:14:01

I read that milk probably won't help as it encourages stomach acid production.

What about drinking soda water? I flavour it with a little Robinsons juice. Although Robinsons juice is very acidic (pH 3), but the combination of these two seems to work!

QforCucumber Sun 24-Jan-16 11:25:51

Peppermint tea is all that seems to ease mine :-( feeling your pain

applesvpears Sun 24-Jan-16 12:25:49

I am 31 weeks, was up all night again with various things including heartburn sad I definitely will be trying my GP I think. The pharmacist advised gaviscon and small meals but said rennies were pointless.

NotSoFancyNancy Sun 24-Jan-16 12:30:18

Dc3 and gaviscon in industrial quantities did nothing. Ranitidine was fantastic and so much easier than chewing or swigging gaviscon. Was prescribed by consultant.

1frenchfoodie Sun 24-Jan-16 16:52:22

apples i've had heartburn since c. Wk 7 (now 32) and rennies work well for me - though the square tabs with calcium and magnesium carbonate. The round ones with only calcium carbonate only take the edge off.

DinoSnores Sun 24-Jan-16 16:58:30

Omeprazole is fine in diabetes normally. I am certainly a big fan of it. Taking it has transformed my "morning" (in reality, all day) sickness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now