Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Your favourite pregnancy/baby/child apps?!

(10 Posts)
bchvrs Fri 22-Jan-16 21:52:46

Wasn't really sure how to categorise this question + am sure it's been answered before but the mumsnet talk app is no good for searching anything by title.

Anyway!!! I am currently 32 weeks pregnant, downloaded various apps in the beginning to get regular updates + read a variety of information but haven't really found anything I get along well with other than the pregnancy+ app. Most apps seem to be American + therefore a lot of the information they can provide in regards to hospitals/healthcare/etc aren't relevant because they differ country to country. I really only use the pregnancy apps I've bothered to keep downloaded to read my week by week update.

Do any pregnant ladies out there have any better suggestions - though maybe not 100% worth it now as I'm coming to the end of my pregnancy - for apps? I read plenty of websites + receive email updates from places like baby center + boots but just curious whether any of you have found anything more useful.

ALSO! Any birth/baby/child related apps I need for the future?! Pretty shite with technology but keep reading that my phone will be a useful tool as a mum in terms of quick to access information + support.

I rambled a lot for what could've been a simple question... grin

doleritedinosaur Fri 22-Jan-16 21:58:42

I used the mother care app for my contractions timing/ breastfeeding- making a note of how much & times, lullabies & white noise. It was surprisingly useful for so much.

I use wonder weeks now as for my now ten month old has been on point especially with grumpy weeks!

Didn't really use one for pregnancy.

bchvrs Fri 22-Jan-16 22:33:59

Oooooh thankyou!!

I have the Mothercare app but had no idea it did so many things! Will have a little explore at all the features now smile

waxweasel Fri 22-Jan-16 22:46:08

Sound sleeper! It's a white noise app and was the best we found with DD - still use it 2.5 years on to get her to sleep. My parents downloaded it too for when they babysat as it was just the only way of getting her to sleep.

I like the ovia prenancy app purely for the weird size comparisons each week.

Don't think I have any other pregnancy or baby ones, though I did used to have the wonder weeks one mentioned earlier. Now my phone is too full of all DD's awful games!

MockTheWeek Fri 22-Jan-16 23:07:21

Baby ESP is good. You can track their feeds, sleep and nappy changes.

MockTheWeek Fri 22-Jan-16 23:07:48

Oh and good luck with your new baby! Jealous of the new baby cuddles thanks

BiscuitBeast Sat 23-Jan-16 05:29:10

Wonder Weeks app is a great app to follow and read once baby has arrived. Details all developmental leaps lo goes through in their first year. I found it very useful with DS and shall be downloading again when DD arrives.

Cric Sat 23-Jan-16 05:48:08

Ditto to the wonder weeks !

bchvrs Sat 23-Jan-16 09:04:26

Thank you all!! Will download all suggested apps to have a quick look around before baby is born + I can see what we get along with best.

+ MockTheWeek thank you!! I am so excited for him to be here smilethanks

gigglyapp Sat 08-Oct-16 15:02:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now