We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stomach bug 35+3. Commiserate with me!

(7 Posts)
drasticfantastic Fri 22-Jan-16 17:51:27

So grim, oh so grim. DD (4) had it earlier this week and I thought I'd got away with it, but no! Lo and behold, this morning it all kicked off. I am floored. I have only just started keeping sips of water down, and although I'm obviously pleased the baby is moving as usual, the sensation of a largish baby rolling around in there is not very pleasant today.

Bleurgh. Just looking to moan really! And the in laws arrived today for the weekend...

Iwonderif Fri 22-Jan-16 18:51:07

Didn't want to read n run. Hopefully it's a 24 hour type one? Eurgh I detest tummy bugs being pregnant too. You poor thing. I indeed hope it is on its way and at least you're now managing to keep water down. I would probably stay in bed away from any visitors and if possible insist on DH looking after his folks and your daughter.

You have every right to moan too! Enjoy these flowers and rest in bed.....

AmyLouKin Fri 22-Jan-16 18:55:12

You poor soul, you have my sympathies! Get better soon! I'm at a similar stage and coping with Braxton Hicks and a very wriggly baby is bad enough! You must feel terrible! 😞

drasticfantastic Fri 22-Jan-16 19:39:11

Thanks both! Yes, BH also not fun.

DH is being a star, I must say. He's fielding the in laws, looking after DD and has done two loads of washing.

I'm just so thirsty now! Desperate to down pints of water but having to sip slowly is a nightmare!

Iwonderif Fri 22-Jan-16 20:17:02

Is sucking on icecubes any better? Maybe more thirst quenching? Get better soon OP. Great to hear DH is looking after the fort.

drasticfantastic Fri 22-Jan-16 21:26:43

Ice cubes! Good idea! Thanks!

superram Fri 22-Jan-16 21:49:57

Ice pops are more fun and the vomit tastes better. I had to go on a drip so do try to get some fluids in you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now