Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

On and off on and off

(13 Posts)
NotSpeaking Fri 22-Jan-16 13:06:44

Last night had period cramps irregularly all night long. I am now 38 and 3 days pregnant. They woke me a couple of times but I went straight back to sleep, I woke up took kids to school and got into bed, I've been asleep for a further 3 hrs!!!! Am I in labor? The cramps have stopped since I woke up and I feel really disorientated about things. Help!

ChicaMomma Fri 22-Jan-16 13:08:41

Warm up labour i'd say. You'll only know once the contractions come closely together. Try to stay calm, maybe have a bath?

NotSpeaking Fri 22-Jan-16 13:53:56

So annoying and I feel sick also sad

Runningupthathill82 Fri 22-Jan-16 14:30:40

I've been having this almost every night since 37 weeks. Woken with really strong cramps that go on for a few hours but vanish by morning.
Now 39+6, had almost 3 weeks of this shite, and am tired and furiously uncomfortable.

I didn't get this in my first pregnancy, so am wondering if in subsequent pregnancies the body knows what it's going to have to do, so has more of a warm-up. It's bloody annoying, to put it very mildly.

5madthings Fri 22-Jan-16 14:36:41

Prodomol labour, really common. I have had this, more so with ds3 where I had it lots.

Though annoying it is helping your body get ready to birth the baby and it encourages the baby to get in a good position as wrll.

Ime the pregnancies where I have had lots of these contractions in the run up to birth wrre the births that were then quicker and easier once it got going properly. This is common from what I have read and others have experienced as well that it all helps.

It's often at night just to be annoying? With ds3 I found the only place I could get comfy was sitting on the toilet during the night when having the contractions. I ended up dozing like that.

Good luck to you both, I am.now 30wks with Dc6 so have this all to come... Again!

Runningupthathill82 Fri 22-Jan-16 14:39:36

Thanks 5madthings, that's really reassuring. I hope it does mean the birth itself is quicker and easier than last time!
Hopefully I'll be able to report back very soon...

MaisieDotes Fri 22-Jan-16 14:40:28

Third baby? Me too. Starts up at night and then just goes away during the day.

I'm 39+2 now. Come on babies!

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 22-Jan-16 16:00:37

This is my 2nd but my mum always said to me when I was pg with my first as I was having all kinds of pains from 34/35 weeks......when its labour you will know and wont have to ask......and she was right from the first contraction.....I just knew!

NotSpeaking Fri 22-Jan-16 16:46:35

Yes this is also my third baby! How interesting. I feel like a car with a broken starter motor lol

s098 Fri 22-Jan-16 17:53:45

I had this a couple of times then last fri the
Pains carried on in the day and gradually got worse in the eve. Waters went at 11.30 and baby was born at 1.20am on sat so it could be things getting going. Fingers crossed for you that the pains don't drag out for too long x

NotSpeaking Fri 22-Jan-16 19:10:40

My Braxton hicks are so painful I feel like my insides are being stretched apart

Newlywed123 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:50:51

I'm 37+5 today. Yesterday I started getting full blown contractions. They started around 2pm they were coming every 3-6 minutes lasting 40-60 seconds. They were very intense, took my breathe away, bad back back and cramps! Then at 3.30pm they stopped. Had a few over night but nothing major.

Then when I got up at 7.30 this morning they started again. They were more intense, every 2-5 minutes lasting again 40-60 seconds! Then at 9am they stopped...

I was 2cm on Monday with bulging waters. My waters are still intact (had to have them broke with both previous pregnancies)

I get how you're feeling, after I'm left feeling really achy with a sore bottom !

NotSpeaking Sat 23-Jan-16 15:45:32

Yes it's so disheartening. You just want to get on with it. Today I'm actually exhausted with it all, on constant knicker watch for my show and nothing seems to be giving me any more sign. Feeling so low at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now