Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Had a reassurance scan today and just had to share...

(23 Posts)
sophied1983 Fri 22-Jan-16 10:44:07

She put me at 6+5 which is more in line with the date I had in mind. Due date of 11th Sept. Its little heart is going 124bpm.

So chuffed and over the moon.

Sorry - just had to share with someone!

Kr1stina Fri 22-Jan-16 10:44:52

That's wonderful news, congratulations !

OTheHugeManatee Fri 22-Jan-16 10:45:22

Congratulations smileflowers

Eminado Fri 22-Jan-16 10:48:45

Congrats!! 👍🏼

Fifi10 Fri 22-Jan-16 11:18:16

Congratulations! So exciting for you flowers

Jw35 Fri 22-Jan-16 13:46:24

Congrats! My dd was born on September 11th smile

ChicaMomma Fri 22-Jan-16 15:58:48

aw, great news- perfectly formed! great to have such a strong heartbeat picked up so early, sometimes they dont get that until 7+ weeks. Congrats!

Floggingmolly Fri 22-Jan-16 15:59:46

flowers. Great news.

Vap0 Fri 22-Jan-16 18:40:48

Congratulations thanks

Did you see a heartbeat yet? Don't worry if not as it's still early.

We are (almost) due date buddies! I'm due 10th September according to my dates. What was the top to tail length? I had a scan on Monday which measured a little small at 3.4mm but we saw a heart beat. She said I was more likely 5 and a half weeks when my dates said 6+2 but we will just see.

Do you have any follow up scans booked? I have another one a week on Monday.

Vap0 Fri 22-Jan-16 18:42:05

Sorry, missed the bit about heartbeat
Congratulations again thanks

Jenjen85 Fri 22-Jan-16 18:44:16

Awww brilliant grin I had a scan Thursday and I'm a little ahead of you at 7wks 5 days so due 4th September. It's so reassuring seeing things on the screen

sophied1983 Fri 22-Jan-16 19:32:39

It really is so reassuring. I know things can still go wrong, but I do feel a bit better about the percentage risk dropping.

Is it the CRL measurement? If so, she said 8mm. Is that good?

Vap0 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:21:53

Hi, yes I think that's the right length and I'm sure it's all good grin
Just about to post my pic. Yours looks far more like a baby than mine.
I could barely believe that something so small as 3.4mm could have a heartbeat, it's pretty mad.

Are you having any symptoms? I'm feeling sick so often. I've worked out that if my stomach is empty I'm feeling sick so need to ensure I keep eating little and often. And incredibly sore boobs.

thanks

sophied1983 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:42:23

Yep - boobs still agony! And keep waking up in the dead of the night which is so annoying.

Last couple of days I've started to feel really queasy, so I guess this is the start?!

It is incredible really isn't it? The science behind it all just fascinates me.

Egid86 Fri 22-Jan-16 22:19:31

Aww congrats. I am 7 weeks and had a scan this week which went well too. Measured at 5.8mm, saw the heart beating too. Not got due date yet as seeing midwife next week for first time but will be around the same time

MrsS182 Fri 22-Jan-16 22:21:11

Aww congratulations flowers

Vap0 Sun 24-Jan-16 09:29:26

Hi sophie how are you doing? It's great to have a couple of due date (ish) buddies on here.
Any more symptoms?
Do you have a follow up scan?
Or others on the thread? Any symptoms?
I've been feeling as sick as a dog for days, like the worst hang over I've ever had, better today as realised its all caused when I've not eaten so now have a pack of clementines next to my bed and have had 3 in the night, not great for having a full nights sleep and probably need to find something less fiddly to eat but it seems to be working.
I have my next scan a week on Monday, it can't come soon enough. Think I'll be wishing my time away more than ever this week coming.
Have you booked Your booking appointment yet?
I haven't as had to cancel my last one due to mc so thought I'd leave it until after the 2nd scan so I didn't have to put myself through that again.

sophied1983 Sun 24-Jan-16 14:27:55

Sorry to hear about your mc. Two of my friends had one last year, so sad. One now with baby and the other due in May. So I have everything crossed for you.

Got my booking in appointment on 28th Jan and scan on 18th Feb.

I feel queasy and my appetite isn't what it was. Sore boobs, but other than that am feeling ok. Trying to be uber healthy and going to the gym as often as I can.

Vap0 Sun 24-Jan-16 14:51:57

What stage were your friends at when they had their mc? Unfortunately I had 2 last year. It's been a long journey to get to where we are.
You're super organised with your booking appointment sorted already. Think I will call tomorrow. You've spurred me on.

sophied1983 Sun 24-Jan-16 21:21:39

One at 7 weeks but not sure about Fi. Didn't want to pry. I went to the doctor, she filled out referral and the next day I had letter through post for booking in appointment and then a day later the scan appointment - super efficient!

I feel for you. It's the thing I fear most at the mo. Must be awful to experience that. Even though I am only 7 weeks in of course you start thinking about your life in 9 months time. Must be so hard to have that quashed sad

Vap0 Wed 27-Jan-16 13:08:14

Hi

Good luck with your booking in appointment tomorrow. Let me know what happens... I believe it's quite uneventful from what I've heard. Finally booked mine today for next Wednesday. smile

gemsparkle84 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:04:17

Yay 💖

Vap0 Fri 29-Jan-16 09:14:06

How was your appointment sophie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now