Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore down there!

(6 Posts)
Shaunad0116 Fri 22-Jan-16 10:19:13

Hi I am 38+ 4 weeks pregnant.
The past week i have had some soreness around my vagina. Its not stingy or anything, but more muscle ache, as if I have saddle sore? sorry only way i can describe it is like ive been repeatively kicked there.
However from yesterday it has been that sore that i can barely walk im in so much pain. Has anyone experienced this or know what is wrong. Its unbearable i cant do nothing with it. Thanks

Headmelt Fri 22-Jan-16 10:24:44

You could have pelvic griddle pain or maybe the baby's head is starting to engage

Chelsea26 Fri 22-Jan-16 10:29:30

It could be SPD - mine started as feeling like a kick in the vag (sorry!) it was much earlier though so this could just be normal loosening for giving birth. Tips for coping with SPD are keep your legs together as much as possible - wear silky PJ's in bed if you have them so you slide over sheets rather than jarring when you move and putting a black sack/carrier bag on your car seat so you can spin in and out with your legs together. It might also help to tie a scarf around your hips to hold you in. I had a Velcro hip strap which helped - poor thing. Hope it gets better and baby comes soon

Shaunad0116 Fri 22-Jan-16 10:38:45

Thanks to you both for your replies.
Thats some great tips, ive been having lots of trouble turning in bed, never thought of wearing silk pyjamas!

Jenjen86 Fri 22-Jan-16 12:55:36

I am 39 weeks and for the last few days I have felt sore but like a swollen kind of feeling. I feel it more when I go to.the loo and strain (sorry for tmi), could that be the same thing?

Shaunad0116 Fri 22-Jan-16 13:53:07

Yea mine is like a swollen achey type of pain. It also actualy feels a bit swollen down there (sorry tmi).
Im the same when i sit on the toilet the pain is more intense almost like a straining pain i feel like i have to tense to stop the pressure feeling from hurting me whilst peeing.
Im struggling the most with walking tho, finding it hard just to do that! I feel like im battered and bruised down below. I get induced next wed due to medical reasons but the thought of even waitin to then with this pain is unbearable. Second pregnancy and never experienced that before x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now