Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How is this possible??? Am I going to be giving birth to some kind of monster!! Lol

(7 Posts)
Sunshine511 Thu 21-Jan-16 18:24:29

I've literally just been booted in the stomach by this baby. I'm currently 22 weeks and it knocked me for six!! Lol. The strange thing is, this is my second pregnancy and I've never felt a kick like this before! How can a baby at 22 weeks kick harder than anything I felt the whole pregnancy with my daughter? Doesn't seem to make sense! Lol x

Doublebubblebubble Thu 21-Jan-16 18:36:28

My dc2 was like this. He (not to scare you at all) ended up being 10lb 1 - one of my bridesmaids dcs did exactly the same and was an average 8lb exactly. I really think it depends where they kick you... My DD always used to kick towards my back - never felt her at all (until the end of course 😊) x

Sunshine511 Thu 21-Jan-16 18:44:16

Oh god!!! Don't know how I'd handle a ten pounder! Haha. DD was only 6lb 3oz so fairly small! I've heard second time round they're a bit higher but hopefully this one won't be 4lb bigger!!! Haha x

Champagneformyrealfriends Thu 21-Jan-16 18:52:44

I have a theory that our baby doesn't kick me-it punches me. Hard. Like boxing practice hard. Has done since about 22 weeks too. Maybe we're giving birth to champion martial artists.

SoySauceAddict Thu 21-Jan-16 18:52:50

Lol! My 6.5 lb DD did this against my mattress when I was asleep... By God it hurt. 10.75 lb DS like a lamb the whole way through and DD2 also who was 8.13 lb.

NHKX2 Thu 21-Jan-16 18:54:00

I'm now 39+6 and to date, the strongest kick I have felt from the baby came at 22 weeks. I guess she had more room to really let one fly, whereas now it's more squirmy movements than kicks.

Sunshine511 Thu 21-Jan-16 19:10:55

I swear I actually needed to have a breather after it to recover!!! Haha!! How can something that weighs one pound inflict that amount of pain and amount of force? Glad to hear it's not only ten pounders that do it!!! That's a relief 😂 Have you guys noticed any difference in temperament between the calm babies in the womb and the violent eh hem, not so calm ones? Lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now