Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else feel impatient?

(6 Posts)
Nemz716 Thu 21-Jan-16 13:29:53

Just found out in 5 weeks pregnant and now having told my partner I feel slightly deflated as don't want to share the news with anyone else yet as I have a high risk pregnancy so miscarriages are more likely.

Really want to share the news, but have agreed to wait till 12 week scan. Also it feels to early to purchase baby items - even though I'm mega excited! smile

VivaHate Thu 21-Jan-16 15:36:17

I told my mum and 2 best friends the day I found out. I thought I would need their support if the worst did happen- thankfully it hasn't so far (I'm 11 weeks). It's honestly entirely up to you what you decide to do- some people keep it quiet, others don't. And if there is a miscarriage and you have to tell people- there is no shame in that if you know what I mean? Your body, your pregnancy, your life!

Good luck, I hope everything goes smoothly flowers

MrsS182 Thu 21-Jan-16 15:50:56

We have just told those people who we would want their support should the worst happen. It is a very difficult secret to keep though when you just want to tell everyone!

isthatpoisontoo Thu 21-Jan-16 16:08:39

It's really hard, isn't it? I hate keeping secrets at the best of times.

You have to decide what's best for you. I found out two days ago, and I've only told one person--the close friend who is organising my hen party. We're probably going to announce at the wedding, which will be 10 weeks rather than 12, but I think that's the right moment for us. I agree about choosing some people who would be there to support you. It would almost be worse to be going through it alone if the worst happened, just because you didn't mention it in the first place.

ninecoronas Thu 21-Jan-16 18:22:54

I've just found out too and am f

ninecoronas Thu 21-Jan-16 18:26:02

...eeling so impatient I couldn't even finish my post! Whoops. I don't even know how pregnant I am as I can't remember my last period blush- I hope not too far gone as I had a pretty boozy Christmas. You can't help being excited, can you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now