Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Supermarket Baby Events....

(5 Posts)
Everythinggettingbigger Tue 19-Jan-16 15:38:54

Asda and Morrisons on at the moment....anyone else really disappointed with them this time? I have bought a couple of packs of little angels nappies to get us started they were £4.50 for a pack of 70 or 3 for £12.....(210 nappies for £12!!!) I bought these 2 weeks ago, yet they are now claiming this is a great deal during baby week.

Tommee Tippee Electric Steriliser kit....was £112 now £60 odd in the event.....again its been £60 for weeks and weeks now!! Nothing seems like its actually "an offer" but the prices they have been selling at anyway!

Pack of 8 vests £7.50.....on a normal day its 3 for £2.50 anyway....that's 9 for £7.50.....

luckily enough ive been researching the cheapest places to buy the things I need (so far John lewis been the best shock) and this isn't my first.....but if I was a FTM and just stumbled across the baby event and seen the "reduced" prices of everything I would think it was a great bargain!

Anyone actually found any good bargains? waiting for Aldi's event now, hopefully they have some good stuff!

Runningupthathill82 Tue 19-Jan-16 16:59:10

God, that Tommee Tippee kit! It's in EVERY "baby event" and "sale" going. Nobody has ever paid full price for it, I swear. It is the crappest electric pump going and I'm gutted I wasted £60 on it in my first pregnancy.
IME these "events" are just designed to part the gullible from their money. Nothing decent is ever much cheaper, and you just end up buying crap you don't need...

Pippa12 Tue 19-Jan-16 18:08:08

I agree with you- they're a waste of time. However, I did get a cot bed mattress from Tesco that I'd previously looked at yesterday. It was £39 reduced from £60 with delivery. To be honest tho- that's the only bargain I've had from such events.

sepa Tue 19-Jan-16 18:29:04

I'm sure aldi had a £15 high chair which was similar to my friend who bought hers at £40 at mothercare (I was only early stages of pregnancy then so can't be too sure)

Featherstep Wed 20-Jan-16 13:57:08

Totally agree, I looked in Morrisons yesterday and there was something in the Baby Event 'reduced' from £3 to £3, I kid you not.

Mothercare maybe? I got an Avent starter bottle set and an Avent microwave sterilizer around New Year, both good amount off. Lansinoh cream about 1/3 off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now