Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby vibrating?!

(11 Posts)
maybebabybee Tue 19-Jan-16 12:52:38

33 weeks and having a really weird sensation like baby is shivering in the womb! only lasts a few seconds but been having it on and off all day now. Otherwise movement is normal I think.

I went in twice for reduced movement a couple of weeks ago and was monitored and scanned and all was fine. Do I need to worry about this? A quick google shows lots of ladies feel the same sensation but I can't find anything medically official about it.

Am far away from the hospital today so can't get in easily.

SevenOhTwo Tue 19-Jan-16 13:14:31

I get something like this (27 weeks) - almost like spasms, like when you twitch (those movements when people say 'someone just walked over my grave').

I am on my third pregnancy. The babies have all had very different in utero movements - first was a kicker, second barely moved except to stretch once a day, and this one does all kinds of weird stuff!

If it's still fairly normal for whatever you normally feel I wouldn't worry too much, but it does also depend how anxious it's making you. Sometimes it's more important to go and get reassurance so you can relax and rest even if you're fairly convinced all is ok. How long do you have to wait until your next mw appointment? Is there a mw telephone number you can ring if you want reassurance from someone medical?

Also wonder if it is definitely the baby? Could it be your abdomen tightening/Braxton Hicks?

maybebabybee Tue 19-Jan-16 13:17:56

seven I am horribly anxious to be honest so I tend to over think everything.

I feel reassured by the fact I'm also getting normal movements though, and by the fact I only had a scan about a week ago. Generally speaking my baby is quieter during the day and kicks a lot last thing at night.

I don't know if it is definitely the baby or not really, having not been pregnant before. My tummy doesn't feel like it's getting harder, so can't be braxton hicks though.

maybebabybee Tue 19-Jan-16 13:18:11

and yes I can call the MW number but I suspect they'll just tell me to come in.

Gunting Tue 19-Jan-16 13:23:22

It is the morro reflex.

When babies are born they do this thing when they are startled where they throw their arms and legs out.

When I was pregnant my son did the vibrating thing and I asked my mw. She said it is the morro reflex and a sign their nervous System is developing.

My son is almost 12 weeks old. smile

brookeberry Tue 19-Jan-16 13:28:08

I'm getting this kind of sensation as I'm reading this. It feels like it's on both sides of my abdomen - a kind of short buzzing - I like it, but I like any sign of movement! smile

brookeberry Tue 19-Jan-16 13:29:00

Oh, I'm almost 28 weeks.

Emma290 Tue 19-Jan-16 13:43:57

Hey
I am also 33 weeks and have noticed this over the last week, the more I concentrate on the movement I have realised it is baby having the hiccups, he gets them a good 4 times a day. Very strange feeing at first. Could it be that by any chance smile

Gunting Tue 19-Jan-16 13:52:41

Hiccups are more rhythmic but the vibrating is like how your phone vibrates. My son did both in utero and they are different.

maybebabybee Tue 19-Jan-16 14:09:41

Defo not hiccups as I get those too and they're very different...this is like a faint phone vibrate. Glad to see others have had it too smile

zannyminxoxox Tue 19-Jan-16 14:14:12

I asked my midwife as I had the same thing a few weeks ago she told me if it happens again to phone the hospital to check everything is ok. He hasn't done it again since though and movements have been the same. I would go and get it checked if your worried about it to put your mind at rest xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now