Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Late submitting MAT B1 - am I bu**ered?

(17 Posts)
BettyBi0 Tue 19-Jan-16 07:33:00

I'm guessing this is laid back second child syndrome but I've completely forgotten about my MATB1 form and I'm past the 25 week deadline. My line managers know I'm pregnant but I work in the NHS which is sometimes really jobsworth about paperwork. Am I stuffed for maternity pay now or has anyone ever got around this?

It's weird as I've had midwife appointments at 19+5 and another scheduled for 28 weeks but nothing in between as things look healthy

BatMobile Tue 19-Jan-16 07:36:18

I did this. I just emailed HR and apologised; they were fine and everything was processed. I don't work for the NHS, however. I think I got mine in around 30 weeks.

creamoftomato Tue 19-Jan-16 07:36:51

i don't think you should be stuffed. my work asked for the form at about 20 weeks (x2 pregnancies) but my hospital didn't issue them until the 28 week appt, so I just explained that and it was no problem. they've got weeks and weeks still to do whatever admin they do with it on their end. fingers crossed!

Flossiesmummy Tue 19-Jan-16 07:37:57

Some people don't even find out they're pregnant until after that time - I think you'll be ok.

SomebodySedateMe Tue 19-Jan-16 07:39:51

Not a problem. I submitted mine but my manager left it untouched on his desk until I was 34 weeks. Call HR!

Runningupthathill82 Tue 19-Jan-16 07:40:01

You'll be fine. Second child here too, so no midwife appointment between 16 and 28 weeks. Got the MATB1 at my 28 week appointment and gave it to HR then.

I work for a huge public sector organisation too, if that helps.

hufflebottom Tue 19-Jan-16 08:22:31

I popped into my GP's to get mine. I have weekly BP checks and i just happened to mention Mat b1 to gp who did it for me.

whatsoever Tue 19-Jan-16 08:38:12

You'll be fine. My HR department refused a scanned copy, then my HR contact went on leave, then she got swapped to different people and didn't hand mine over to my new contact until 30 weeks and it was still ok.

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 19-Jan-16 08:41:48

I'm 28 weeks-sent mine yesterday!

Farahilda Tue 19-Jan-16 08:48:08

My MWs were inflexible at only issuing MATB1 at the first appointment after 24 weeks.

As long as you gave the notice of when you want to water your maternity leave on time, it won't matter tuppence is the MATB1 follows later.

Farahilda Tue 19-Jan-16 08:49:04

"water"

Sorry, my keyboard is having a strange morning. I meant 'start'

Roomba Tue 19-Jan-16 08:58:54

I used to work for the DWP (biggest stickler for paperwork/correct dates ever!) and all was fine when I gave them y MATB1 at 33 weeks (hadn't found out I was pregnant until a couple of weeks prior and had to wait a fortnight for an 'urgent' scan to date me but that's another story).

You'll be fine, it's very common for women not to get hold of the form until after 25 weeks due to how their midwife appointments fall, whether the midwife has run out of the forms at the time (happened with DS1) and so on.

Eminado Tue 19-Jan-16 09:41:43

Sorry off topic but Roomba you didn't know until after 30 weeks?!

TriJo Tue 19-Jan-16 15:20:41

I got mine just after 25 weeks - I had already talked to HR about 6 weeks before that and explained the situation. No problem at all.

1frenchfoodie Tue 19-Jan-16 20:00:50

I was a few weeks late with mine and HR were fine (I work for a govt department and we are not necessarily known for being flexible)

LumpySpaceCow Wed 20-Jan-16 07:38:57

Don't worry. They can't not pay you mat pay. I work in NHS and mine was late- not an issue. The HR woman also said loads get lost in the post so quite a few will be late! Just ring up your midwife for one.

Shirkingfromhome Wed 20-Jan-16 07:47:48

I'm 32 wks and I've only just go mine (my 2nd too). At worst I'm sure they'll be able to back- date it. Give them a quick call and apologise, I'm sure you're not the first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now