Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone have two very different pregnancies?

(20 Posts)
10storeylovesong Tue 19-Jan-16 05:54:27

With my first pregnancy I had very strong symptoms, starting with sickness 4 days before my period was due and very strong positive tests 3 days beforehand with a positive digital 2 days before. These strong symptoms carried in all the way through until I went into early labour at 27 weeks.

We've been ttc our second for 2 years now and I've had 3 very very faint lines on a first response but still negative on a digital. I have no nausea at all, but have had fatigue, insomnia and headaches.

I'm worried that my lack of strong symptoms and tests mean that the hormone levels aren't very strong and I'm setting myself up for heartbreak. Has anyone else had two very different pregnancies with a happy ending?

Millionsmom Tue 19-Jan-16 05:58:06

I found I had very few symptoms when I was expecting girls, didn't realise I was pregnant with DD1 til 18 weeks. But with the boys, I had symptoms them straight away.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Millionsmom Tue 19-Jan-16 05:58:57

*with them straight away.

10storeylovesong Tue 19-Jan-16 05:59:39

Well my first was a boy. Thanks for reply, fingers crossed!

LouLou030783 Tue 19-Jan-16 06:08:49

I had absolutely no symptoms with my ds wouldn't even of thought I was preg until I got a bump around 6 months, with dd I was sick constantly for around 14 weeks and from word go u could tell I www preg lol now I'm preg with dc3 and it's been totally different to the other two I've been sick but only generally once a day that eventually stopped at 16 weeks and I've been totally exhausted this time where as tiredness never affected me with the other 2 hmm

IndomitabIe Tue 19-Jan-16 06:30:01

I'm now 30 weeks with #2. First time I felt various shades of awful all the way through.

This time I've felt largely normal (nausea for a fortnight around weeks 6-8). It's been amazing.

Both boys (allegedly).

RideEmCowgirl Tue 19-Jan-16 06:51:28

Symptoms first time round were stronger in the beginning. However I was SO sick with DS2 and felt ill the whole pregnancy. I also carried completely different. Both boys too.

Runningupthathill82 Tue 19-Jan-16 06:57:52

Me too. First pregnancy (DS) I felt sick but never actually threw up. First trimester was easy, in retrospect.

Second pregnancy (allegedly a girl) I felt so much worse and threw up every day.

Lots of other differences too, such as worse reflux and indigestion in first pregnancy, much more weight gain in the second, more back pain second time around...the list goes on!

Jenjen85 Tue 19-Jan-16 08:05:12

With DD I was sick from 6wks until around 18 weeks. This pregnancy is different as only just starting feeling sick at 8weeks but haven't been sick yet hoping not to be sick as got my anti sickness tablets yesterday. Also had terrible constipation with DD with this one it's quite the opposite blush

DS1 and DS2 (two separate pregnancies) - periods of heavy bleeding between 4 and 16 weeks - me and the local EPAU were good friends by the time they settled down. Never did figure out what caused it in either case.

DD - no bleeding (yay!) but was unbelievably sick for the entire almost-42 weeks, couldn't stomach dairy or meat and even the smell of my own skin made me throw up. Not fun.

whatsoever Tue 19-Jan-16 08:44:43

I'm in my 3rd pregnancy (1 MMC, 1 3 years ago with DS, currently 38 weeks with DD). All quite different.

I'll discount the first as that was obviously Not Succesful but with DS I had morning sickness nausea in the mornings only for c11 weeks (DD all day for c14 weeks); DS I was crippled with meralgia parasthetica (DD crippled with SPD instead); no probs with constipation with DS (this time terrible constipation, had a fissure earlier on and now have piles!)

DS - bleeding gums and teeth brushing made me gag - neither this time.

DS - engaged early on so bump sat very low - this time MW thinks DD won't engage until labour begins so bump much higher and thus makes breathing and digestion harder.

Only similarity between both is sweet cravings and heartburn/reflux (possibly from all the sweet crap I'm eating!)

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 19-Jan-16 08:50:45

My pregnancy with DS was really easy. A tiny bit of nausea but that was it.

Currently 7 weeks with DC 2 and it's been awful, though I have been very tired and stressed so that might be why.

Booboostwo Tue 19-Jan-16 08:52:53

With DD I had mild HG, felt exhausted, slept 14 hours plus a day and my hair stopped growing.

With DS I had worse HG, couldn't sleep at all and my hair grew out of control.

RosieTheCat Tue 19-Jan-16 10:12:10

DD was hard I couldn't eat anything but tinned tomatoes swetcorn and onion or hienz tomato soup from 6 weeks till around 18 weeks I was sent to hospital loads for growth reasons, dd was fine, couldn't get through the day without a 2-3 hour nap, couldn't brush my teeth or kiss Dp without gagging from the start

Currently 8+2 and if I hadn't of taken a test I wouldn't know I'm pregnant

10storeylovesong Tue 19-Jan-16 14:16:57

So reassuring to know everyone's have been so different. Suppose I've just got to wait it out now!

BettyBi0 Tue 19-Jan-16 14:37:12

With my first (girl) I felt fantastic in 1st trimester but had loads of vomiting - not much nausea.
With my second now (boy) I've been in bits with the grinding fatigue and awful nausea. Very little actual vomiting but I couldn't forget for a second that he was there as constantly woozy.

It's so weird how they feel so different. My consultant explained that it might all be caused by the differences in placentas and how invasive they are/ how much sharing of fetal DNA etc.

mrsmugoo Tue 19-Jan-16 21:51:48

I'm 20 weeks with my second and actually they have both been remarkably similar apart from a 3 week 24 hours a day puke-fest with this one (girl) and absolutely no sickness at all with my son.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Tue 19-Jan-16 22:48:35

10 with ds1 and ds2 I was sick from pretty early on but a test didn't show until 4-7 days after missed period. With ds3 I felt nauseous quite early on and I just knew I was pregnant again test showed late. Now pregnant with dc4 and absolutely no symptoms at all for the first few weeks. Slightly sore boobs but just felt like I was coming on my period. Surprisingly a test showed at 3/4 days before period. I only tested to use up a cheap one as I was convinced I wasn't getting pregnant.

I have my fingers crossed for you. Take things easy and try not to get too worked up ( I know that's almost impossible) distraction. I would now wait until after your period is due before testing again. I didn't believe I was pregnant until my 12 week scan. It still doesn't seem real now. I'm eagerly awaiting the 20 week scan.

zannyminxoxox Wed 20-Jan-16 08:19:14

With my first pregnancy a daughter my synptoms were bad sickness and heartburn were the worst. With my son I had no sypmtoms until right at the end just a bit of mild heartburn. Pregnant again and my pregnancy is like it was with my daughter. I am however having another little boy been confirmed twice

JellyBaby26 Wed 20-Jan-16 08:35:40

Dd I had horrific heartburn( timehop reminded me that at 22 weeks I had heartburn "ALL" day) and I had terrible acne and bacne and felt kicks very early on.

Now upduffed with DS and no spots no heart burn and no kicks and don't feel pregnant at 20 weeks! Very different indeed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now