Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Have I just chucked away £lots?!

(11 Posts)
Luckygirlcharlie Mon 18-Jan-16 22:26:10

Sorry couldn't think where to put this! I'm 33 weeks with ds2 and DS1 is 16 mths. We've just bought an icandy Peach blossom twin on eBay. Have I bought the wrong one?! I know the peach blossom is for baby and toddler - i.e. can use carrycot and seat together, but does the twin also allow for this or do you have to use either 2 carrycots OR 2 seats? If the latter I've just made a very expensive mistakeconfused Help!

BatMobile Tue 19-Jan-16 07:41:47

Is it not just the same chassis with different adaptors? Maybe email iCandy or phone a stockist?

If the worst comes to the worst just flog it on eBay again!

Luckygirlcharlie Tue 19-Jan-16 08:38:06

Thanks. Yes they're unlikely to make a whole seperate chassis......she says hopefully! I'll find out at the weekend I spose. Might repost under a more specific heading!

KatharinaRosalie Tue 19-Jan-16 09:04:58

John lewis shows the Blossom Twin with seat and carrycot:
www.johnlewis.com/icandy-peach-blossom-3-twin-pushchair-with-jet-black-chassis-and-jet-black-hood/p1603324

Etak15 Tue 19-Jan-16 09:08:44

If you've not picked it up yet just message the seller and explain you've made a mistake and ask them to cancel the sale.

Etak15 Tue 19-Jan-16 09:19:41

Wow I've just clicked on that link! Is that what people spend on a buggy? I must live on a different planet!! This is what I got for 18 month old and baby www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/25/33707/mamas-and-papas-kato%C2%B2-twin-buggy-(blackgrey)/?gclid=CjwKEAiA2ve0BRDCgqDtmYXlyjkSJACEPmdwX3iP8xVikyNdTGG32ZV8ikUHfqn2s2l6ABPq2IFz7xoCSMXw_wcB
It's fab easy peasy to use no messing about having to deconstruct it to get in the car just a simple umbrella fold has survived holidays, planes - the lot! For 10% of the price!

askabusywoman Tue 19-Jan-16 09:21:36

Can you really put a baby in the M&P one? Is there a carrycot that comes with it?

Picklesauage Tue 19-Jan-16 09:29:35

I have an I candy peach. The chassis just uses differing connectors depending on which configuration of seats you wish to use. So I imagine you will be able to use it for what you want. It will all depend on if she has the seats you want as you have to buy the seats/carrycots separately. Note, the carrycot and seats for the twin bit are a different size than the standard one bought with the single buggy. Just make sure you get the ones that fit!

I did buy mine from new and spent a lot of money on it. But it has had 6 years non stop use. I have friends who bought cheaper buggies and ended up buying another stroller or buggy for their second as they had issues with theirs. I had one friend borrow ours for a year between my children needing it. They said it was amazing and they wished they had bought one!
I believe in buying quality for things that are used a lot and need to last. It is the only luxury item we bought. Everything else was second hand or basics. I'm glad we spent what we did!

Etak15 Tue 19-Jan-16 09:46:45

Yes you can really put a baby in it - a newborn!! It can lie flat, obviously pad it out with a foot muff thingy. Mine has survived four babies! Using a single buggy Inbetween when I didn't need a double. I bought an expensive travel system with my first - well I bought it off a friend who sold it after 9 months it was a pain all that lifting in and out of the car seat and the attachments etc gave me a bad back! I learnt second time around it was much easier to leave the car seat in the car and use this.

Luckygirlcharlie Tue 19-Jan-16 10:01:50

Thanks all! Yes expensive new but this is a great deal. Less than half price and has literally every bit of kit that is available to buy with it - even the 2 X carrycots which we obviously don't need. That must be it then, it's the different sizes and just different adapters. DHs blood pressure lives to fight another day! Thanks again! :-)

askabusywoman Tue 19-Jan-16 14:04:58

Great to know about the M&P buggy and newborns. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now