Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh god it's started

(23 Posts)
NotSpeaking Mon 18-Jan-16 13:54:02

The xconstant questions of "any niggles yet" "any signs" because birth is imminent. I know they are only being caring but it's driving me nuts. Anyone else gone through this?

Runningupthathill82 Mon 18-Jan-16 13:58:44

Hell yes. Currently going through it for a second time. Snapped at DM on the phone a couple of days ago and told her that, even if I was getting "twinges", I wouldn't tell her.

She's not getting told until after this baby is born, anyway, after ringing DH around five times during my last labour to ask for updates and demand to speak to me angry

NotSpeaking Mon 18-Jan-16 14:25:38

Oh my god lol people get really odd when you have a baby. My SIL pretended she was my mother to try and get in delivery room with my first born.

oneconfusedchick Mon 18-Jan-16 15:25:23

It's so annoying. Wish I'd just lied about my due date!! I have to keep reminding people that DS was 2 weeks overdue to put them off a bit! The questions were worse with my first though! X

NotSpeaking Mon 18-Jan-16 16:29:46

This is my third and its all the time.

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 18-Jan-16 16:31:38

Argh! I just stopped replying to people/picking up the phone. Was so difficult not to let the old 'yes I had the baby a week ago, just didn't tell you' slip out.

Rpj16 Mon 18-Jan-16 16:36:16

I'm due today, and have so many questions and 'are you ok?s'.
Start every convo with 'I'm still pregnant and I feel its going to be 2 weeks late'.

my luck, my baby will be!when are you due op?

Mouthfulofquiz Mon 18-Jan-16 16:40:10

I became a fan of responding to texts and emails with this:
[http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com]

Mouthfulofquiz Mon 18-Jan-16 16:40:48

www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com

waxweasel Mon 18-Jan-16 20:08:20

Ha, I got so angry about this when pg with my first that I called DH at work and made him phone Sky to have our landline disconnected blush then just didn't reply to any texts/mobile calls. I was RAGING.

I'm going to be just as bad this time, I know it. Hope all your friends and family take the hint and knob off, and you're not kept waiting too long

mrsjskelton Tue 19-Jan-16 10:10:13

My BF went through 8 days in the first stage of labour to get to 4cm!! She received a barrage of questions so I didn't think she'd do the same to me - it's only my due date today and I've had 3 days of messages from her haha. Love her to bits!

ChicaMomma Tue 19-Jan-16 10:26:13

I had the wherewithal to lie about my due date this time- pushed it out by a week. No doubt i'll still get the 'any niggles' comments regardless! so annoying!

OhShutUpThomas Tue 19-Jan-16 10:28:12

mouthful grin

Rpj16 Tue 19-Jan-16 11:40:58

mouthfulI love that!!

NotSpeaking Tue 26-Jan-16 12:52:28

6 people yesterday text ME saying "any movements yet?" Why why why... If there was I would let you know. I'm loosing my shit over it. Stop texting me

Stillunexpected Tue 26-Jan-16 13:13:44

I would text back and say "Nothing yet, you'll be the first to know when something happens - well, actually you'll be 6th, after everyone else who has texted asking the same thing already today" - and then I'd finish off with a nicely passive aggressive smiley face.

Jenjen86 Tue 26-Jan-16 13:38:49

Haha I think the funniest is when I text my close friends with random stuff like "how did your date go" or "fancy a brew Friday?" And get the response "oh hi, how are you? Have you had the baby yet?" I find it really funny the idea that I would make random small talk with them and not drop into the convo that I had birthed my first child hmm

5madthings Tue 26-Jan-16 13:43:35

Oh op I feel your pain, all of the madthings were two weeks overdue and dear god I was driven mad by the any sign/have you had it yet comments.

And wtf is it with asking an obviously heavily pregnant woman if she has had the baby yet... Does it fucking look like it?!

I am 30 wks with Dc6 so have it all to come again.

Wardrobespierre Tue 26-Jan-16 13:47:55

People are just trying to say "I care" or "I'm interested". People are nice mostly and these people are often loved ones. They're trying.

I mean it's bloody annoying of course. But it does help to try and remember they're showing an interest in this wonderful thing that's happening to you. Then come away and vent on here.grin

madsaz76 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:19:41

My sister asked this today. I'm 38+2 with my first. She went 14 days over with her first and 10 with her second. She knows I have psychologically prepared for a latecomer.

Fortunately we are close enough that i think my frankness won't damage our relationship grin

I am hoping I have recruited her to my side of stopping others from asking. Have also ensured I am using a slightly later due date when chatting to people in hope they leave me alone.... can't face 4 weeks of it!

NotSpeaking Tue 26-Jan-16 17:23:05

You think that people would know how irritating it is especially if they have had kids.

oneconfusedchick Tue 26-Jan-16 22:10:44

I've had the mandatory calls today - it is my due date after all. I've not publicised my pregnancy on Facebook or anything so at least the only people asking are my close family and friends!

glueandstick Wed 27-Jan-16 08:36:16

Try 'had the baby 3 weeks ago but forgot to tell you. Oops!'

That should stop them for a bit. I mean, it's hardly likely that you're not going to tell them! They may be well meaning but my god it's irritating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now