We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Restless legs...?! Can't bloody sleep!!

(9 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Mon 18-Jan-16 02:03:38

Think I've been having restless legs all night. It usually happens a few times before I fall asleep but tonight they won't stop and they're driving me mad! So tired, all I want to do is sleep but as soon as I start to drift off I get a leg twitch and jump awake and have a sort of itch somewhere in my torso or leg. It feels like a nerve thing rather than a proper itch. So weird, I don't know what to do!
I'm 17 weeks now and this is definitely the worst it's been. What could it be?

JaneJefferson Mon 18-Jan-16 02:33:45

Can't really advise but there is another thread active tonight about restless legs flowers. Hope you get to sleep soon.

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 18-Jan-16 04:22:46

Still not asleep and just seen thread! Just wondering if mine is actually restless legs or if it's something else.. it's like a jerking of the legs and sort of a pins and needles sensation as well.

lfitzgerald100 Mon 18-Jan-16 09:56:35

Have you had your iron levels checked? I suffer with low iron levels, before pregnancy and constantly through this pregnancy, am 34 weeks today and been taking iron tablet, but I give myself a few days break to allow my constipation to ease! (Sorry tmi but terrible side effect!) And after a few days my jumpy restless legs come back! I found out that jumpy restless legs are common with iron deficiency! Xx

kd83 Mon 18-Jan-16 09:59:36

It can also be from a potassium deficiency, try having a banana in the evening and that might help.

I suffered a lot with restless legs in my first pregnancy and it has definitely started earlier in this pregnancy. I also found a peppermint foot cream helped ease it.

Gracey79 Mon 18-Jan-16 10:02:06

Second the banana advice I didn't get this til fairly late on but a banana a day seemed to cure it! Wearing heels also made it worse x

Fuckymcdunky Mon 18-Jan-16 10:04:14

I suffer from restless legs and one thing that works for me is rubbing vicks onto my legs, sounds daft but it makes ur legs cold and stops the twitching and itching, I've tried allsorts and this is the one that works everytime .

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 18-Jan-16 10:07:39

I must be anaemic, I have palpitations sometimes too and that is also a sign. I'm on spatone but I think I need more, the only problem is constipation and constant abdominal discomfort, I can't win!!

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 18-Jan-16 10:09:54

Thanks for the tips btw, I will definitely try them out!

I have had my bloods done, midwife ringing later to discuss. I'm 99% sure I'm anaemic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now