Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cervical ectropion

(3 Posts)
BillSykesDog Sun 17-Jan-16 14:11:39

Has anybody else had one of these during pregnancy? I had a bit of a scare on Friday (6.5 weeks) with a large amount of gushing blood. I assumed I was miscarriage but a scan showed a very healthy twin pregnancy and lining and an internal examination revealed the cause to be an ectropion on my cervix was the cause. The bleeding has stopped but I've been told it's possible I will continue to bleed on and off throughout early pregnancy and it may have to be cauterised later on. Has anybody else had a similar experience? I'm just wondering what to expect as I'm a bit nervous I will be panicking frequently with bleeds and a bit apprehensive about what it will be like.

UptownFunk00 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:20:10

I had a minor one which is why I had a tiny amount of bleeding at around 8 weeks but it only lasted a few days.

Congratulations on your twins smile

angelpuffs Sun 17-Jan-16 14:36:43

I had this- a very small amount of blood at 23 weeks and nothing since (I'm now 38 weeks). My doctor said it's very common during pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now