Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Yucky taste at night

(10 Posts)
Jenjen86 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:01:49

Hi, I'm 38 weeks and for a month or two every night when I wake up my usual 4-8 times to wee my mouth is just horrible, like really bad morning breath. Does anyone else seem to have this problem? I'm not sure if it's a thing or just me being a bit OCD because then I have to brush my teeth every time cos the yucky sticky feeling and taste keeps me awake. I'm hoping someone else has this and it's a weird pregnancy symptom that will go away after birth?

dizzylemon Sun 17-Jan-16 18:11:31

reflux? maybe try some gaviscon before bed see if it helps

Jenjen86 Sun 17-Jan-16 18:38:07

Yeah I thought that too but I am drinking gaviscon like it's water! Although it does make me feel less phlegmy (sorry tmi) but still get the weird sticky saliva and taste (I bet it's all in my head anyway lol)

Whatapavlova Sun 17-Jan-16 21:40:57

Me too! I'm 30 weeks and was up at 4am brushing my teeth! I'm definitely keeping hydrated and doing my usual teeth before bed routine but I still get it. Also hoping I can blame pregnancy and it will go away...

Flossiesmummy Mon 18-Jan-16 17:14:16

I've had the same since I've been pregnant again confused

MrsBartlettforthewin Mon 18-Jan-16 19:24:16

Me too! I figured it was to do with the cold I've had for the last month it just makes me feel so gross.

Jenjen86 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:58:21

Thank god it's not just me! This gives me faith that it will disappear when baby shows up! smile

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 19-Jan-16 08:48:34

I think it IS the gaviscon that's doing it to me. It's quite drying stuff!

whatsoever Tue 19-Jan-16 08:51:14

I'm similar at the mo (also 38 weeks). I'm just trying to keep drinking loads of water during all my nightly wakings to try and alleviate it and sugar free gum in the day to keep the saliva going. Hard to tell if it's the acid from reflux, dehydration or the gaviscon taken for the afore mentioned reflux!

Jenjen86 Tue 19-Jan-16 09:25:52

Yeah I have been wondering if it's that sweet sugary taste from the gaviscon as well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now