Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Come and talk to me about bleeding circa 7 weeks with a heartbeat

(32 Posts)
FellOutOfBedTwice Sat 16-Jan-16 22:26:43

This happened to me this evening. Had a transvaginal and an abdominal ultrasound and heartbeat clear on both.

If you had something similar did you have a healthy baby at the end of it and did you ever get to the bottom of why it happened?

Don't sugar coat it for me- I've had a worrying evening and whilst I'm feeling much more positive than I was, I never had a single bit of bleeding with my 18 month old DD.

andadietcoke Sat 16-Jan-16 22:29:58

For me, everything was fine. I bled until about 26 weeks when I was eventually diagnosed with a cervical ectropian. Not loads, sometimes only when I wiped, but enough to be unsettling.

I hope everything works out okay for you.

tinymeteor Sat 16-Jan-16 22:36:54

I had a small bleed at 7 weeks and again at 14 I think. Like the day before your period when you wipe and there's bright red on the paper. It turned out to signify nothing at all. DD arrived healthy at full term. Good luck, hope it works out for you thanks

lilywhite32 Sat 16-Jan-16 22:40:16

I had a small bleed (more like spotting) when I was 7 weeks too. I have a healthy 2 year old now. It's a worrying thing to happen though.

Brindler Sat 16-Jan-16 22:40:47

I had this too from about 7 weeks until around 14. Took me a while but then I realised it was after I'd been to the loo that it was happening and must have been from a bit of straining (sorry trying not to give tmi!!). Docs suggested piles but it most definitely wasn't coming from there! Could it be that?? I'm also on second pregnancy and didn't have it with my first. Am now 32 weeks

Emmie10 Sat 16-Jan-16 22:41:06

I had bleeds with both of mine at 6/7 weeks and both pregnancies were otherwise straightforward. The first time there was no reason given but with my second it was a small separation. Maybe of the sac from the wall? Can't remember exactly.

cosytoaster Sat 16-Jan-16 22:43:09

I had the equivalent of a period at six weeks, followed by daily spotting until 10 weeks. Ultrasound showed a strong heartbeat and I was told the pregnancy was unlikely to end in miscarriage. I did have a healthy full term baby - he is now 17 and 6'3"!

BifsWif Sat 16-Jan-16 22:45:06

I bled at six weeks, a heartbeat was found at the EPU the next day. The bleeding continued and at my follow up scan a week later it wasn't good news.

My best friend bled red blood, heavily, from 6-21 weeks off and on. Three big bleeds and spotting constantly between them. Heartbeat found at scan. Her little boy is 10 weeks old.

There really is no way of guessing what will happen but I'm keeping everything crossed for a positive outcome for you flowers

kippersyllabub Sat 16-Jan-16 22:45:42

I had some bleeding with dc2. The rest of the pregnancy went fine, and my 9lb baby is now a strapping 8yo maths genius.

flowers all good wishes for your pregnancy

SomebodySedateMe Sat 16-Jan-16 22:49:13

I bled at 7 weeks. Having had recurrent losses I assumed the worst but I'm now 35 weeks and she's beating me up from the inside.

Good luck .

ALaughAMinute Sat 16-Jan-16 22:55:57

I had bleeding at about the same time as you but my GP told that unless there was much more than a tablespoon full of blood there probably wasn't anything to worry about. He also went on to say that some women have periods throughout their entire pregnancy and still go on to deliver healthy babies.

I didn't experience any more bleeding and later went on to have a healthy baby.

Wishing you all the very best flowers

FellOutOfBedTwice Sat 16-Jan-16 23:26:57

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Lovely to hear so many positive stories- and I'm sorry to all those who it didn't end so well.

I'm trying to keep a pragmatic head on and think "what will be will be". I have a follow up scan in 2 weeks time so until then I'm going to try and relax and rest as much as possible.

VimFuego101 Sat 16-Jan-16 23:30:46

Having seen a heartbeat means a much lower risk of mc. I lost count of the times I rushed to hospital in a panic after bleeding - DS is now 4. They never really did give me a definitive answer as to why I bled so much. Hope everything goes well for you.

danipate Sat 16-Jan-16 23:40:22

i bled from 6 weeks to 12 weeks, same flow as a period, the scan showed a bleed inside and was told to wait it out, it did stop and i went on to have a beautiful little boy who is now a 3 year old little monster. just try to focus on each day as it comes. Hope everything goes well x

guineapig1 Sat 16-Jan-16 23:41:34

Everything x-ed for you too here. Both my DSis and DSis-i-l had periodic bleeding in first trimester after positive heartbeats. Both turned out fine. In discussing with friends afterwards it is surprisingly common

EricaJ Sun 17-Jan-16 07:23:12

I am 10 weeks today and I have had 3 big bleeds and on and off spotting in the last week. Rushed to the hospital after every big bleed and every time the scan showed the baby is ok, strong heart beat and a closed cervix.

Does anyone know why this happens? I was told the first time that it could be the placenta implanting but surely that would not go on for over a week? They checked for clots, hematomas, hormone levels... Everything came back normal. I am on Heparin though, which I understand can aggravate small bleeding.

hufflebottom Sun 17-Jan-16 07:26:43

With dd1 I had a bleed at 6 weeks, they couldn't find anything then 3 weeks later I was still pregnant, they found heartbeat and dd is now 6

This one I had a bleed at 7 weeks and another at 23. I've got 4 1/2 weeks left before the sleepless nights begin

Millionsmom Sun 17-Jan-16 07:36:29

I bled every 2 or 3 weeks when I was last pregnant, bright red blood and a few clots. Each scan showed the heartbeat and then lots of theories why it had happened. I was in a panic the whole time swinging from 'what will be' to 'I can't lose this baby'. It was an awful time. The bleeding stopped around 24 weeks and DD2 will be 18 tomorrow smile.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too OP.
flowers

TheCatsMeow Sun 17-Jan-16 09:12:56

I bled at 6 weeks, I'd had a scan earlier with no heartbeat so thought I was miscarrying. Heartbeat was found two days later. I bled again at 10 weeks and on and off throughout.

My son is 5 months old!

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 17-Jan-16 09:15:38

A bled at 7 weeks and then a massive bled at 34weeks - DD will be 12 on Thursday.

eurochick Sun 17-Jan-16 09:23:13

I started heavy crampy bleeding at six and a half weeks. It went on for three weeks. My second EPU visit diagnosed a sub chorionic haematoma. The baby made it.

EricaJ Sun 17-Jan-16 09:37:10

Hi eurochick!

Did they find the hematoma with an internal or external scan? I have only had external ones and as much as I dread the dildocam, I wonder if I should ask for a more thorough rummage so they can find the source of the bleeding?

ThePowerOfCake Sun 17-Jan-16 11:20:16

I started bleeding at 6 weeks, there was a heartbeat seen on the scan. I continued to have light bleeding and spotting for 4 weeks in the end. They couldn't find any cause for the bleeding. DD is now nearly 2 and perfectly healthy. I think at the time they said that seeing a heartbeat after bleeding at this stage gives you a chance of about 80% of a good outcome.

Egid86 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:52:28

Hi I'm 7 weeks this week and I have been light bleeding also this week. It's my first pregnancy so I've been terrified. Booked into early pregnancy unit tomorrow morning for a scan so hoping to find out how things are. I still strongly 'feel' pregnant like sickness and tender boobs etc and have had very mild cramps a week or so ago but nothing like painful, more uncomfortable. No clots or lots of blood, just slightly when I wipe. Will let you know how I go on.

Lilipot15 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:56:41

I had that. She's nearly 2y now!
Someone, can't remember if it was a midwife, said it might be a "mini period". Either way, the outcome was good. Fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now