Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I think I may FINALLY have found something to ease restless legs...

(11 Posts)
BatMobile Sat 16-Jan-16 21:33:37

Sat with a hot water bottle under my calf. It's not cured it completely, but normally by this time in the evening I'd be thrashing around like a dying fish.

I've also found a hot water bottle under my bum helps ease my sciatica. All hail the humble hottie. grin

MotherKat Sun 17-Jan-16 03:31:19

I love your name, i'll try this as mine have just woken me again.
I thought for sure this would be a picture of a saw...tired despondant and enormous here though so feeling pretty dark.

BatMobile Sun 17-Jan-16 05:06:27

A saw grin

I would have considered that a week ago.

I'm also the size of a house and really don't have the energy to be flailing my fat legs around.

2ndbabymama Sun 17-Jan-16 06:11:27

These threads do make me laugh in the dark when I can't sleep and feel like a beached whale (38 weeks). Will give the water bottle a shot!

BatMobile Mon 18-Jan-16 02:19:48

39 weeks here and also beached. I make a noise a lot like I imagine a dying whale would sound when I roll over in bed too.

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 18-Jan-16 08:34:02

Has anyone had restless legs fom early on in pregnancy? I'm only 17 weeks but I got them a bit before I was pregnant too. They have dramatically increased since being pregnant though. I literally got no sleep last night. Waiting for blood tests to come back today so maybe they'll shed some light on why they are so bad.

MaisieDotes Mon 18-Jan-16 09:14:31

Extra iron works for me, even though my bloods came back with ok iron levels.

I take my usual pregnancy vitamin (which has iron in it) every day and if the restless legs start up again I take Spatone sachets too.

Nothing else works for me!

MotherKat Mon 18-Jan-16 09:22:52

I've had the wiggles since week 12 palaver (another good name) you want to get your iron checked, apparently it's super common if you're aneamic.

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 18-Jan-16 09:39:09

I think I am anaemic, on the spatone too but I don't think it's enough to boost my iron up to where it should be... Going to speak to midwife later re bloods.
I'm a train wreck today, need sleep!

kd83 Mon 18-Jan-16 13:03:33

I find it can be potassium, so sometimes a banana just before bed helps. Also I find mine can be a factor of being too warm so a cooling peppermint foot cream helps sometimes.

I got it terribly bad in my first pregnancy and the only solution was to go and stand on the tiled kitchen floor.

I'm 20 weeks now and its already starting up again.

ChicaMomma Tue 19-Jan-16 10:10:06

magnesium tablets work here, but will also try the hot watter bottle too!
Got a lovely big LOL out of the dying fish comment- great imagery. Not too many LOLs in my day at 37w eeks so thanks for that BatMobile!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now