Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks - constant hard stomach for 3 hours

(7 Posts)
Jenjen86 Sat 16-Jan-16 19:56:32

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone has had this? I was in the shower (singing and dancing away a bit so bouncing around) and when I came out my belly was rock hard. I haven't really noticed and BH's but thought it was just that at first but now, 3 hours later it's still rock hard. It's not baby pushing out as it is rock hard all over top bottom and sides and almost slightly numb. I can still feel him kicking where he usually does but it's really strange and it's quite hard to move around now. I've been having lower back period style pains on and off for about a week (I was woken up by it this morning at about 5am) but no other pains and not in pain now, it's just hard and tight. I've felt very restless and impatient all day and generally a bit under the weather. Should I call the midwife or is this just normal at this point? Thanks in advance for anyone who has any experience of this.

anneliandbetsy Sat 16-Jan-16 20:59:45

I'm 38+5 and my bump is also very hard but period type pains could be the start of contractions. Ring triage and have a chat just to be sure? Put your mind at rest?

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 16-Jan-16 21:03:31

I had this on and off during the week before DS2 was born. Very different to actual contractions

melonribena Sat 16-Jan-16 21:04:33

I had concerns due to lack of movement when I was a similar point of pregnancy. I range the hospital and they were fab. If you're concerned, seek advice. Even if they do nothing but put your mind at rest, it's worth it. Good luck

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 16-Jan-16 21:04:45

Sorry, that sounded dismissive. It sounds like it won't be too long, esp if you've got lower back pain and you're feeling restless

MrsBenWyatt Sat 16-Jan-16 21:05:35

I would ring your MW. I am sure it is totally fine but I had this at 40 weeks in my last pregnancy and it was a good job that I got checked out when I did.

Jenjen86 Sat 16-Jan-16 21:27:08

Thanks ladies, I've been thinking of calling but didn't want to sound like an overbearing FTM but if you guys think it's worth calling for too then I feel more confident. Better to feel reassured if nothing else smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now