Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Snoring in pregnancy

(12 Posts)
Jenjen85 Fri 15-Jan-16 20:31:12

So my husband has commented that since getting pregnant (7/8wks) that all Iv done at night is snore really LOUD blush Iv been incredibly tired but had no idea I was snoring. OH even recorded me so I could hear how loud I was and I sound like a fog horn ha ha this is my 2nd pregnancy and I never snored when pregnant with DD. Last night he had to shout to get me to wake up I was that loud and no matter what he did he couldn't get me to stop blush. Does anyone else snore in pregnancy or have I just turned into an old man??? Any remedies to try and stop/limit the snoring

ispymincepie Fri 15-Jan-16 20:56:49

Totally normal I'm afraid. It's due to the hormone relaxin softening everything even airways! I never snore when not pregnant. Maybe avoid sleeping on your back?

Gunting Fri 15-Jan-16 21:27:38

I started snoring badly during pregnancy and it hasn't gone away yet. (11 weeks postpartum)

Aciderwouldbenice Fri 15-Jan-16 21:34:27

I snored too, I was mortified when my husband moved into the other room to sleep. I felt so unattractive and huge and that was just the cherry on the cake!

SomebodySedateMe Fri 15-Jan-16 21:48:38

I've snored terribly in this pregnancy. No idea how DH has put up with it.

StylishDuck Fri 15-Jan-16 21:51:54

I used the snore strips you put on your nose for a while when pregnant. They helped a bit (apparently...I wouldn't know, I was asleep grin)

Jenjen85 Sat 16-Jan-16 09:41:31

According to the OH I snore in every position I sleep back and both sides blush God help him when I'm later on in pregnancy I'll be sounding horrendous

Jenjen85 Sat 16-Jan-16 09:42:00

Feel better knowing I'm not the only one tho grin

Thisismyfirsttime Sat 16-Jan-16 09:43:31

I snored really badly and it gave me a terrible sore throat as well! Luckily it went away as soon as dd was born!

Touchacat Sat 16-Jan-16 09:46:57

I snored too. And dribbled! My pillow was soaked every morning until the birth and stopped pretty quickly afterwards.

bearleftmonkeyright Sat 16-Jan-16 09:49:44

Three pregnancies and snored like a foghorn through all of them. Asked my midwife about it and she laughed blushhmm. The only thing my DP said that concerned him was that I would stop breathing for a few seconds every so often. It did disappear after pregnancy.

skankingpiglet Sat 16-Jan-16 21:47:09

Tell him to suck it up smile Compared to what you have to suffer to grow your child, it's small fry.
In my first pregnancy I once overheard DH say to a close mutual friend he wasn't getting much sleep due to my snoring and how much he was suffering. I'm afraid I interjected with a bit of a "well boo fucking hoo", particularly as I hadn't exactly been getting much sleep either for the past few months what with the aches, kicking (from baby not DH!), heart burn and constant trips to the loo. I seem to remember telling him at least he could still see his nether regions and do up his shoe laces... He never mentioned it again. Strangely. grin Our friend looked scared of the crazy pregnant lady...
As others have said, unfortunately completely normal. Remedies: ear plugs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now