Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

spine problems and pregnancy. .ADVICE needed please

(3 Posts)
zoeh08 Fri 15-Jan-16 14:43:39

Hi everyone I'm 30 and have two children aged 21 and 13, anyways I'm on medication for nerve damage, sciatica, bulging discs and dehydration of 3 discs, I have also had a operation on a bulging disc. .anyways I'm really broody and now that I'm 30 I would love another child, I feel incomplete ,but I'm so worried on how I would cope with my spine problems while pregnant and the birth, has anyone gone through soothing like this and how did you cope? Thanks mummy's xxx

seven201 Fri 15-Jan-16 14:59:51

You're 30 and you have a 21 year old?! hmmI assume that was a typo...

I think you should make an appointment with your gp about your spine and potential pregnancy. It sounds like it would be very hard, but I really think you need professional advice.

Daysleeper1985 Fri 15-Jan-16 16:16:43

Hiya I can help you a bit. I've a bulge, ddd and bad osteoporosis. Main issue really isn't the mechanics but pain management. Your body will manage (well, with crutches/bed rest) but medication was a huge issue for me, no nsaids, no morphine allowed. I ended up on massive doses of crappy awful drugs like tramadol, 3 years later I'm still trying to come off completely.

Scrap your gp, you know they are rubbish! Speak to your consultants, whoever you are under and create a management plan.

Yes it was a rubbish pregnancy, would I do it again? I'm 39 weeks with my second and not even on crutches this time!

Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now