Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm scared! 6+2 no morning sickness or symptoms

(33 Posts)
Jessica121289 Fri 15-Jan-16 11:27:45

Hi all
I'm 6+2 today
My 3bf are pregnant- 1 is same as me. 1 is 16w. 1 is 30w
They all had terrible morning sickness,fatigue etc
So far I have sore nipples and have been having mild to bad cramps in my lower centre abdomen. No bleeding.
I don't feel overly tired either but have had a few days where I have been irritable!
I don't "feel" pregnant!
I don't see a mw until. 28th and I haven't told anyone about my pregnancy as I wanted to tell my oh who's away ATM until 22nd
I have had 3 bfp tests.
I spoke to a midwife this morn who seemed concerned I hadn't had any morning sickness
I am terrified something is wrong and this is my first!
Has anyone had same scenario as me??
Any advice welcome xx

Lbee123 Fri 15-Jan-16 11:31:34

I was exactly the same.. Had really sore boobs and stomach cramps (like period pain) up until around 16 weeks. I didn't get morning sickness until around 9 weeks and I'm currently 35 weeks.

OllyBJolly Fri 15-Jan-16 11:33:17

Never had morning sickness. I did feel a bit nauseous with some very strong smells but no sickness. I also had a strange taste in my mouth in one pregnancy, and didn't get the tiredness until about 8 weeks in (but when it did arrive I was bone achingly tired!)

Hopefully you'll have a trouble free pregnancy with none of the nasty symptoms!

Mslg Fri 15-Jan-16 11:37:11

I was the exact same. My sickness started at 8 weeks and was bad but not horrendous. Still early days for you, you may get it or may not. Everyone is different.

Pandora97 Fri 15-Jan-16 11:37:21

My mum didn't have any morning sickness with me or my sister at all. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones! Although you're still very early, the tiredness and sickness if you're going to get it might come in a few weeks.

SomebodySedateMe Fri 15-Jan-16 11:38:48

I had terrible sickness but not until 7 weeks. Relax, keep an eye out for heavy bleeding or intense pain. Other than that you're doing fine.

WiIdfire Fri 15-Jan-16 11:39:54

One pregnancy I got morning sickness and miscarried. Second pregnancy I got no morning sickness at all and he is sleeping opposite me now. You have no need to worry OP.

ilovevenice Fri 15-Jan-16 11:40:17

I had absolutely no symptoms at all first time around apart from the BFP and was convinced there would be nothing there on the scan. He's now 9!

starry0ne Fri 15-Jan-16 11:40:37

I felt the same felt positively normal at 6 weeks at 7 weeks developed hyperemesis... I now have an 8 year old boy

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Fri 15-Jan-16 11:43:02

I didn't even know I was pg till I was 15 weeks. Totally symptomless apart from being tired - but not tired enough to think it was pg tired, iyswim.

Don't worry. Everyone is different.

Elledouble Fri 15-Jan-16 11:43:21

I didn't find out I was pregnant til about 6 weeks and all I had at that point was achey boobs. I got morning sickness later - probably about 9 weeks (and even then it wasn't too bad - just very first thing in the morning). I got cramps up til about 12 weeks or more, I was knicker checking every time I went to the loo cos I was sure I must be bleeding! Currently BFing sleepy 8mo son, so all was well smile

nicolapompicola Fri 15-Jan-16 12:09:21

I'm currently 19 weeks, and I still don't really feel pregnant, other than I have a bump and horrendous back pain. I didn't get any morning sickness AT ALL, not once have I been sick since I knew I was pregnant. Not sure whether this is is because I despise being sick so I managed to keep it in or not, but nope, not one bit of sickness at all here.

1frenchfoodie Fri 15-Jan-16 12:36:43

Never had any morning sicknes (32wks now) though heartburn on and off from wk10. Celebrate the fact you are not suffering for it for now. Some people are just lucky that way.

Felyne Fri 15-Jan-16 12:40:07

I didn't get morning sickness until about 9 weeks. I was all smug and thought I was a special rare case where I wouldn't have it at all. Then it hit me...

scarednoob Fri 15-Jan-16 12:42:44

First, I think it normally hits about 7-8 weeks. Secondly, it may not hit at all. The only symptom I ever had was no periods - I was frantic and desperate to feel even a tiny bit sick. But nothing. DD is now 4 months old and I realise how lucky I was!

Enjoy feeling fine. Bet your friends would swap!

Jessica121289 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:19:40

Thank you so much everyone
Reading everybody's experiences have made me settle a bit.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will be ok
Wish I could just get a scan so I know it's all happening and is ok!
When did everyone get their first scans? X

CityMole Fri 15-Jan-16 13:26:02

Stop comparing yourself to other people who are at wildly different stages of their pregnancy! In fact, stop comparing yourself full stop, you can end up driving yourself silly!

It's very early and it's perfectly normal not to feel any different. You might be lucky and miss out on sickness like I did! Apart from some constipation around the start of my second tri, I've had no symptoms so far (bar, obviously, some kicking and a bit of a bump starting to emerge now (24 wks)).
Hope it continues to go so well for you smile

Jessica121289 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:32:24

Thank you city mole
Yep I know your right,
I guess because it's my first and I haven't told anyone yet - am waiting for my hubby to get back from sea, I'm feeling a bit paranoid/scared etc x

Samantha28 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:35:41

Please try not to worry . As others have said , it's early days to have any symptoms . All I had early on were period like cramps.

Remember lots of women have no pg symptoms at all . That why they manage to get to 6 months or even go into labour and don't know they are pg. it's not that uncommon.

Even if you have been pg before, you might not " feel pregnant" as it can be different every time .

You might not get a scan til 13 weeks and you can't worry like this until then. Try to distract yourself with some positive ( non baby related ) things, like a hobby or doing a project on your house, like decorating a room or sorting out your wardrobe .

Don't endlessly obsess over baby books and watching terrifying birth programmes on the TV .

Samantha28 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:39:12

BTW it's quite normal to be scared , I was scared every time . And everyone gets paranoid, all you can think about is how something might affect the baby .

Can I drink this coffee ? Maybe not, perhaps I should get decaf ??

Is it safe to get my highlights done ?

should I eat this biscuit ? What if I put on too much weight ?

What if my friend steals the name I want for my baby ?

It's nuts but it's quite normal grin

Jessica121289 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:44:56

Yep your right
I'm wanting to decorate my room actually smile so that's what I might get on and start!
Iv all ready started on the decaf coffee and decaf diet coke
I'm sticking to my slimming world healthy eating plan as I'm all ready a stone over weight
Desperately trying to quit the smoking- have gone from 20/25 cigarettes to 2/3 roll ups a day- did start with an e cig but the midwife I spoke to said id be better off having the 2 roll ups than the e cig as they have had no medical trials done on them- but my obvious intention is to kick the final two totally (yes I am a bad pg person sad )
Iv also started Pilates to help my back- I have a crumbling disc in my lower back - and hoping it will help with pregnancy

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Fri 15-Jan-16 13:51:17

I know you don't want to tell anyone yet, but I would let your Pilates teacher know actually. Pilates is intense and she will be able to help you adapt the exercises for the baby and your back.

Mslg Fri 15-Jan-16 13:53:28

My midwife told me not to do Pilates until after 14 weeks. I'm sure it's ok but tell your teacher to be on the safe side.

SophieC13 Fri 15-Jan-16 15:30:23

Honestly don't worry! The office I work in has 2 other pregnant ladies! One is 4 weeks ahead, the other 6 and they were both sick. All I kept hearing was "Well at least I know it's all connected". We are just the lucky ones. Honestly don't worry and when I mentioned it to my midwife she laughed and said not to complain! smile

mrsjskelton Fri 15-Jan-16 16:55:02

Strange that your MW would be concerned that you don't have any morning sickness!
I can tell you now that I felt ZERO symptoms of pregnancy until I was 18 weeks and I felt my first kick. Then really only felt kicks until about 36 weeks when I started to get tired. I've had no cravings, aches, nothing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now