Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else 38 weeks+ and fed the fck up?!

(21 Posts)
1wokeuplikethis Thu 14-Jan-16 22:26:12

I'm 38wks tomorrow with baby no.2, my SPD has been painful since week 20 and is at new levels of hot iron polka-reyness.
I am exhausted tired. My toddler has been at nursery the last 3 days (mercifully for her because I am Crappo Can't Do That Darling Mum) & I've basically slept the entire time. Either slept or bloated out in the bath as bed/bath are only comfy places.

I've put on 4 stone and I'm breathless constantly. For the last 3 days I've been starving & eating everything in sight. My daughter was born 40 +12 natural birth weighing 9lb 13oz and I've been consultant led because this baby is looking big too. But whilst I'm due on 29th January, I've got a scan booked for 25th and the consultant told me before Christmas they aren't concerned with me going over because the estimate he will be 8.5lbs which is normal. But they said that about my lg.

I'm having braxtons like a mother, keep getting a gloopy sensation in my Knicks but it's just discharge, my nipples are the size of dinner plates and I have nothing, NOTHING to cover my bump any more. Plus, in order to chafe less in my ill-fitting wetsuit-like clothes I have to lube myself up with bio-oil and slither into my TOO TIGHT MATERNITY LEGGINGS!!!!

My nose is extra blocked up. My back is aching to fuck. I'm terrified of going overdue, terrified of having a section and terrified of being induced again and put on that horrible drip. Basically terrified, furious and semi-comatose.

Yep I've had enough now. Anyone else struggling? Anyone else go absolutely MENTAL about how fed up they felt and then went into labour the next day?! Is this a sign?!!!

Only joking, THERE ARE NO
SIGNS!!!!!

SomebodySedateMe Fri 15-Jan-16 01:28:03

35 weeks here and high risk for early delivery. Gestational diabetes so I can't eat anything nice and all I want to do is hibernate.

Also in the fed up camp. Constant bh and increased discharge (fun) but midwife just fobs me off. Scan booked for 29th to see if I'm growing a small whale.

tinyme135 Fri 15-Jan-16 03:55:16

I'm fed up been in slow labour since Monday. Thought I was in proper laboir last night to be told I'm only 2cm dilated. I've got constant back cramps and cause I've hardly slept midwife has demanded I sleep (easier said than done) and DP is getting mad at me over it. I'm in pain I can't help it

BatMobile Fri 15-Jan-16 04:49:17

38 weeks here too and fucking fed up. I also had a big baby last time so will be having an ELCS.

Can't sleep, swampy knickers, can't breathe, sciatica, can't fit into anything...the list goes on.

Sorry but also slightly glad to hear others are in the same boat.

TheOddity Fri 15-Jan-16 05:34:53

chocolatecakethanks Joining the gang. I'm 39+5, can't sleep although knackered because baby is doing some seriously weird movements at 5am, sore throat developed yesterday so can hardly swallow. Weeing every two minutes, pain spasms in inner groin. so sick of hospital appointments and blood tests. Not even particularly wanting baby out right now because I know that I will be even more knackered and run down then. I would love to feel well and have my own body back.

Runningupthathill82 Fri 15-Jan-16 05:37:21

39 weeks here. Grumpy, uncomfortable, incapable of doing much with the toddler aside from plonking a film on.
Thinking back to my first maternity leave and how I had no bloody clue what the word "tired" meant at this stage. Just want to get this baby out now and feel less huge, less backachey and less stuck in limbo!

s098 Fri 15-Jan-16 10:52:56

38 + 5, fed up of needing a wee every half an hour during the night and being in pain/uncomfortable! After leaving work nearly 9 weeks ago its safe to say i think im ready to have this baby to keep me busy ( I'm sure I'll soon regret thinking this grin)

Newlywed123 Fri 15-Jan-16 11:34:58

36+4 weeks here, cervical cerclage removal on Monday! My last pregnancy cam 5 days after removal. I wouldnt say i'm fed up of bein pregnant but i'm very fed up of my cerclage pulling my cervix causing bad pains!

Also this freezing weather, being housebound with my 20 month old! We're packing my hospital bag today/ doing a big monthly food shop when my husband finishes work, doing a big house clean tomorrow and swimmimg followed by a family meal Sunday.. try and keep busy grin

My husbands been working alot of overtime to make up for his crap 2 week paternity pay, so I'm really looking forward to 2 weeks with him! He only had a week off with our daughter unpaid as he was selfemployed. Sorry I'm rambling on!

rallytog1 Fri 15-Jan-16 15:11:11

Also 38 weeks and fed up.

My one saving grace is that I've got my c section next Thursday. I think if I was facing potentially going to 42 weeks again (like last time angry) I would be losing the will to live. I have nothing but respect and awe for those of you who are waiting to go naturally cake

bringthethunda Fri 15-Jan-16 17:01:08

bat, I've had swampy knickers the whole time, been going through the always -tenalady- like a mo. 38 weeks here. Nearly went on my arse a few times on the ice this morning and part of me was semi hoping that if I fell it would at least start labour

NotSpeaking Fri 15-Jan-16 18:10:58

37 weeks and totally fed up. Feel like babies movements are going to break my waters but then they don't. Needing toilet every 30 mins and nothing fits!!!!! Also everytime I tinge hubby is asking if I'm ok and its doing my head in. Stop asking me!!!! I just want to go into labour, give me the gas and air I'm ready!!!! Come on ffs

Newlywed123 Fri 15-Jan-16 19:57:34

Rally how exciting, only 6 days to go! I bet having a date makes the pregnancy drag more?

rallytog1 Sat 16-Jan-16 08:22:39

It does in some ways but in other ways it's racing past! Having a 2yo does make time fly though...

Sounds like you might not be too far behind though newlywed!

whatsoever Sun 17-Jan-16 00:09:12

38 weeks on Monday with DC2 and I am SO over this pregnancy. How she has room for the cartwheels she's currently doing I don't know; my pelvis feels like I've been repeatedly kicked by a carthorse, I look and feel disgusting, I've been in bed this afternoon/evening knackered & with a dodgy stomach which didn't even have the good grace to kickstart labour and RAAAAAAAAAAAR I hate everything.

Jenjen86 Sun 17-Jan-16 00:20:57

Completely in the same.boat, I am even due on the 29th as well! All I do is wander around the house moaning that I am ready for this pregnancy to be over. I think being so fed up is nature's way of making us less scared about labour because we just end up grateful that the pregnancy part is over haha.
I keep getting back period pains and getting excited but then nothing comes of it.
I feel so guilty for my poor boyfriend cos I also can't be bothered to go out or do anything. All I want to do is eat and watch Sherlock. I even got dressed up and did my hair and makeup tonight but didn't make it to the pub. Also I am so over waking up at 5am starving hungry!! Rant over 😊

anneliandbetsy Sun 17-Jan-16 03:08:19

I sympathise completely with everyone. confused Same 38+6. Fanny pain constantly and worse when I walk and feeling uncomfortable. panic over movements constantly (just woke up in a panic). Feel like a big fat lump (am a big fat lump in comparison to pre baby) but can't stop eating sweets chocolate etc (need to try to reduce the sweet stuff if I hope to lose baby weight after).
Getting feelings things are happening and then it stops which is starting to piss me off.
People betting on when baby will be here (annoying) desperately wanting to prove my mother and sisters two week overdue prediction wrong, (because they were both overdue with their first) angry (hospital will only let me go 12 days anyway).
I feel like a right grumpy shit as I don't have much to whinge about really. I feel like the intense anxiety of the first 12 weeks "is everything ok" is starting again. Need to go back to sleep but waiting for a big kick to reassure me first.

Newlywed123 Sun 17-Jan-16 11:00:20

I might not be, either way I don't mind! Would love to feel nothing jabbing under my ribs constantly, but if I go to full term or over it's extra time with my 20 month old smile

glitterbomb80 Sun 17-Jan-16 11:05:25

Yep, right there with you at 38 weeks. Braxton Hicks and period-style cramping keeping me awake every night for the past week between 2am-5am, shooting pains in the fanoir, none of my clothes fit and I can't remember what it was like to have a waistline. I have a sweep planned for this week, let's hope it works.

UptownFunk00 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:28:59

Urgh I'm only 36+1 but although I'm overweight I'm very short (5ft) so finding I ache everywhere, all the time. The SPD which I've had since 16 weeks doesn't help either!

I don't know how I'll make it to 38 weeks without crying worse than a toddler. I too have a nearly 3 year old so doing anything that involves a lot of energy is a nightmare and she loves dancing! smile

whatsoever Mon 18-Jan-16 23:59:41

I thought it couldn't get any worse: tonight I'm pretty sure I discovered piles sad

Hang on in there my similarly afflicted friends. We shall have these babies soon, and instead suffer the ravages of childbirth rather than pregnancy!

ChicaMomma Tue 19-Jan-16 15:35:02

Oh dear, i'm already like this and only 36+4. The thoughts of another 4 weeks of this is utter torture. Havent slept longer than 2 hour stints in a few weeks now and i'm sure it's set to get worse.

Toddler is in creche full time THANK GOD- for him even moreso than me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now