Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd trimester limbo...

(5 Posts)
socktastic Thu 14-Jan-16 19:06:33

Anyone else had it? 16 weeks with number 1 and struggling to believe I'm still pregnant. Scan was nearly 5 weeks ago and sicky feeling has abated slightly although not totally. Still constipated, sore boobs, less moody and prone to burst into tears.
I've got a wee hardening in my tummy and trousers are tight.
BUT
none of this is still enough to convince me I'm pregnant!
Tell me I'm being an idiot.

kaymondo Thu 14-Jan-16 22:08:05

You're not alone - I am 17 weeks with DC3 and feel the same. I hate this time, when symptoms are fading, scan was weeks ago but not feeling the baby move yet. It just makes it feel unreal and I'm constantly worrying there's a problem with the baby. Can't wait for my next scan!

I felt like this with my other 2 as well. It almost makes me want the morning sickness back just so I have something tangible to make me believe there is a baby in there!

Eastend2015 Thu 14-Jan-16 22:58:10

Yup, I'm there too at 17 weeks. Just as worried (if not more!) about 20 weeks scan than 12 week one, it seems like such a long time ago. I hope I can relax after I get past the halfway point!

socktastic Fri 15-Jan-16 18:11:22

Nice to know I'm not alone! Of course today after posting that I've felt like utter crap! I think once I get some kicks from the wee one I'll be happier!

ifigoup Fri 15-Jan-16 18:15:46

17+5 and exactly the same here. I'm almost grateful for the beginnings of pelvis pain and achey under-bump muscles because they at least suggest something real is happening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now