Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Woke up feeling so icky like hungover

(9 Posts)
Saphwoodman Thu 14-Jan-16 11:14:17

I'm 14 weeks. Today I've woken up feeling strange. I woke up at 6am and got a text from a friend saying we aren't in today so went back to sleep until 10 and since then I just want to sleep and I feel just strange like I've passed out or something! I don't feel tired exactly but neither do I feel active and energised as usual. Horrible

goldglitter Thu 14-Jan-16 12:53:40

I get that. Wake up feeling groggy - its horrible! My morning sickness was still hanging around so I blamed that. Plenty of water and some good food should help you feel better.

29PaddingtonSt Thu 14-Jan-16 13:07:16

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? If not then definitely get one fitted.

VocationalGoat Thu 14-Jan-16 13:10:51

Good advice from 29Paddington.
I know my sickness always stretched into week 14 and I am just knackered beyond description in pregnancy. So more than likely it's just that. With my first, on my days off, I would sleep until 2pm and still feel exhausted.
But it's never a bad idea to have a carbon monoxide detector, for now and for the future.

TheGreaterGood Thu 14-Jan-16 14:03:12

I've described my early pregnancy feeling as 'like having a hangover all the time' so I feel your pain! Exhausted, a bit sicky, vague, spaced out and generally under the weather. I'm 14 weeks now and it's started to come and go so hopefully it's on it's way out. Is the first time you've felt like this?

Lj8893 Thu 14-Jan-16 14:06:17

I was like that most of my pregnancy, you have my sympathy!

chandelierswinging Thu 14-Jan-16 14:10:33

Sympathies from me too. I'm 7ish weeks and have had that "hangover" for about 2 weeks now. It sucks doesn't it? Am very lucky to be working from home a fair bit at the mo, so enjoying a nap when I can!

toopeoply Thu 14-Jan-16 14:40:33

I feel like I've got a hangover all the time too. It's horrendous. And I'm still nauseus at nearly 20 weeks. The joys.

Saphwoodman Thu 14-Jan-16 17:54:55

Really wish you didn't put that carbon monoxide comment as I'm such a hypochondriact lol sad we have a gas fire but their is a detector where the fire is which hasn't gone off. All our heating is electrical and our oven is electric too. Car has just passed mot so wouldn't expect their to be anything wrong with the exhaust. Oh god lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now