Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hair loss in early pregnancy

(10 Posts)
pippolina Thu 14-Jan-16 08:04:04

Has anyone else experienced massive hair loss in the first few weeks of pregnancy? Everything I've read suggests that hair loss normally occurs after giving birth, not immediately after conception. My thyroid and iron levels are fine, apparently...
Just wondering whether anyone else has been through this, and how long it lasts!

Whoknewitcouldbeso Thu 14-Jan-16 08:06:00

I think I did have hair loss yes. I wouldn't say 'massive hair loss' but certainly more hair than usual but it sorted itself out as the pregnancy continued. Now I'm gearing up for labour I've got to prime myself for shedding like a dog for months 😒

pippolina Thu 14-Jan-16 08:35:14

Thanks! - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it and hope it sorts itself out. Best of luck with the post-labour shedding. I hope it's not too severe.

frozensmoothie Thu 14-Jan-16 10:28:46

I had quite a lot of hair loss in early pregnancy. Now I'm 24 weeks it's the total opposite and I'm hardly loosing any hair at all!

spacefrog35 Thu 14-Jan-16 11:02:07

Mines been coming out in handfuls for 28 weeks - there's still tonnes of it on my head though so I guess I'm just VERY hairy

SpecialStains Thu 14-Jan-16 18:09:27

My mum still blames me to this day for her hair thinning while she was pregnant with me! She still has perfectly beautiful hair, but apparently was a lot thicker before pregnancy.

pippolina Thu 14-Jan-16 21:35:13

Thanks everyone - good to know I'm not alone!

Melt90 Fri 15-Jan-16 21:50:49

Hey I'm a hairdresser and i usually tell my clients it's the lack of zinc vitamin so you should dose up more on that usually helps my clients :-) and try not to tie it up too tightly to cause breakage too xx

pippolina Sun 17-Jan-16 17:58:13

Hi Melt90 - thanks a lot for the advice - I've bought some zinc vitamins now
so let's hope that helps a little! x

Melt90 Sun 17-Jan-16 19:03:03

Hopefully it does :-) take them after too helps with the loss after and usually I recommend to clients to have a good cut after prevents it so maybe this would help to xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now