Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best place for maternity jeans for the curvy lady

(22 Posts)
sophied1983 Wed 13-Jan-16 07:03:01

Don't want to spend an absolute fortune. Would welcome recommendations.

Also, when did you buy yours?

spacefrog35 Wed 13-Jan-16 07:27:25

Not sure what you mean by 'curvy' but I'm an 18 at the moment. Mothercare jeans are nice on me but my favourites are Next. I've been wearing them since 14 weeks but switch when you want/need to, everyone is different some ladies are in maternity from 6 weeks and some never need them!

SunnyL Wed 13-Jan-16 07:28:44

Last time i wore Gap and newlook but this time round I'd vote mothercare - seems to be the only jeans with actual denim. Felt like you could see every varicose vein in the other flimsy ones

Callmecordelia Wed 13-Jan-16 07:40:12

I have found Next jeans to be good. However, it was really difficult to find any maternity wear on the high street, so I ordered into several shops in Bluewater for jeans. They all arrived on the same day and I went round trying them all, ruthlessly handing back those that didn't fit immediately. Was a faff, but worth it, I've lived in those jeans.

Eminybob Wed 13-Jan-16 08:00:38

My best ones were from new look, but my one piece advice is to go for over rather than under bump. As I found the under bump ones just fell down and were really uncomfortable.

FatimaLovesBread Wed 13-Jan-16 08:11:09

Yes I've got under bump ones from asos and the material seems to be more stretch than cotton so I constantly end up with wrinkly legs as they're falling down.
My best ones are from H&m over the bump ones but they do seem to be smaller fitting

Jenjen85 Wed 13-Jan-16 08:12:46

My favourite were from H&M they went over the bump and we're extremely comfortable. I'm a 16 and quite tall and they fit me very well

SparklyTinselTits Wed 13-Jan-16 08:33:57

H&M were fab for all of mine!
They have a massive variety of fits. Most places seem to assume that ladies that are very tall, are also very slim, and that very short women are also built like children hmm and design their jeans accordingly!
I managed to get some maternity jeans in h&m that fit me perfectly (barely 5'2", no waist, but have bottom the size of a small country)

superbfairywren Wed 13-Jan-16 08:42:39

Over bump new look, red herring from debenhams and seraphine(from the sale) all really good

Highlove Wed 13-Jan-16 08:48:51

Not quite sure what you mean by curvy, but I found anything from JoJo to be very roomy. I found that my preference for over/under bump changed repeatedly as I grew, so anything that can be both is great.

Augustwedding Wed 13-Jan-16 08:51:13

I second jojo. I'm a 16 and they fit until 36 weeks, but then nothing but mat skirts fitted after that! 😂

mrsnec Wed 13-Jan-16 08:57:59

I posted a similar thread a while ago. A lot of people recommended the new look ones.

Then my stepsister gave me hers the same as I was about to buy. So they've worn well.

Pre pregnancy I was a 12-14 12 on the waist but probably 14 in the bum! I've put on loads of weight in this pregnancy and at nearly 34 weeks these jeans are still fine and comfortable. They are over bump with a panel and the denim is quite thick. I got them in a 14.

I'd get straight or skinny legs though. I got bootleg ones and ended up having to get new boots I can actually do up!

dizzylemon Wed 13-Jan-16 14:02:28

I'm (or was!) and hourglass, size 12, beofre pregnancy. I wouldn't recommend H+M ones for curvy ladies as I found them very tight around my thighs and butt but New Look ones seem to fit me brilliantly and maybe they've changed them recently but i do not find them the least bit flimsy either!

malvinandhobbes Wed 13-Jan-16 14:05:14

Seraphine are fantastic. They look better than my regular jeans. They aren't that expensive either (but not cheap).

KittyandTeal Wed 13-Jan-16 14:07:17

Depends what you mean by curvy. I'm a size 12 with a big ass and weeny waist (I grow in pregnancy in this ratios too!) I've found the top shop under bump ones great, fit my legs and bum but not too big over the bump.

lovefairylights Wed 13-Jan-16 18:39:55

I've just gone through maternity jeans hell!

Hated the Next over bump ones - had to send back as they looked and fitted nice but over the course of a few hours they started falling down

New look over the bump - felt like they sat too low on my hips and just were so unflattering.

Gap over bump - kept these, look like jeans but material is more like a jegging and are very comfortable. Unfortunately pricey but found a less popular colour in the sale

H&M over bump - the skinny ones even if they technically would have fit on the waist I couldn't get them over my thighs. I'm a 12/14 and I couldn't even pull on the 16s. But their most expensive ones - shaping skinnies did fit but I have had to buy a 16. They didn't have any of the looser boyfriend/bootcut styles available to try on

So unfortunately the only ones that were any good on my ample thighs were the ones that seem to cost £50 :-(

Good luck - if I wasn't going on holiday to the snow I would be sticking to dresses and tights or leggings!

seafoodeatit Thu 14-Jan-16 14:45:23

I'm a size 18 and I second next and surprisingly George at asda.

brookeberry Thu 14-Jan-16 15:03:11

I got great ones from H & M - over the bump. Maybe they are on the small side in general, but I just happened to try on a size 18 (I'm a 14/16) because they looked about right by eye, and they fit perfectly. I think they were £29.

brookeberry Thu 14-Jan-16 15:03:50

Oh I bought them when I was 20 weeks.

JolieColombe Thu 14-Jan-16 15:09:23

I third JojoMamanBebe. I bought a pair (overbump) when I was about 5 months with DD2 last summer and wish I'd gone there when I was pregnant with DD1. So comfortable, and a reasonable price, especially considering that I practically lived in them after that smile

MotherKat Thu 14-Jan-16 17:46:28

I'm an 18/20 and huge with twins, the mothercare bootcuts have been glorious (I may never go back).

mrsjskelton Fri 15-Jan-16 17:07:14

Love my ASDA ones X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now