Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Homesick feeling

(6 Posts)
sepa Tue 12-Jan-16 17:17:34

Bit of a long shot but just seeing if anyone else has had this and how they deal with it..

I had a pretty crappy upbringing (won't go into it as its not really relivant) but because of this I get that homesick feeling every so often. Since falling pregnant I seem to get the homesick feeling quite a lot and it is getting worse as the pregnancy progresses. I can be at home and still get this feeling. I know that it happens when I feel uneasy about thing but it also happens at really random times (like just now reading a thread on here which I have read before)

Anyone else have this and have a way of reducing the feeling? It doesn't last long but it's not a great feeling to have

Panther79 Tue 12-Jan-16 17:28:08

yes me sepa sad although I had a great upbringing, my parents and siblings aren't in the UK and since falling pregnant I have been really homesick. I am blessed that my parents were with me during the first three months of my pregnancy but I still miss them a lot and miss my mom's cooking. Only last night I was feeling terribly homesick and started crying for no reason sad and I just wanted my mom.
I have lived away from home for almost 16 years now and been married for almost 15 of those; I have a great supportive husband, but I still miss my home fiercely. I don't know what to say really.

mmmminx Tue 12-Jan-16 17:40:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sepa Tue 12-Jan-16 17:47:13

It sucks you two are the same as its a horrid feeling when it happens. I am yet to find something that helps.

It's really strange that it happens as I am settled and very happy with my home life/ work life and pregnancy. I'm really close to my family who live within 20 minutes driving distance etc

Junosmum Tue 12-Jan-16 17:47:30

I get it too, it's really hard to describe. I find a hug off my DH and a bath often helps as does getting out the house and doing something, going to the supermarket or walking for example.

Thaila Wed 13-Jan-16 10:47:37

I had it during my pregnancy, but it disappeared once my baby arrived thankfully!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now