Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early Scan in the North East?

(9 Posts)
Colabottle10 Tue 12-Jan-16 16:22:12

I'm really struggling to find anywhere that will do an early scan near me. I'm in Darlington and the only private hospital close to us as just emailed saying they don't do it at the Darlington branch and I'd have to go to Sheffield! There's no way I can manage a 4 hour round trip in the car with my current sickness. NHS won't do an early scan as no reason to, so I feel stuck. Surely there must be somewhere closer that will do one?

Paddybare Tue 12-Jan-16 16:25:52

We used a branch of babybond for an early scan, looks like there's one in Stockton. Not cheap though!
www.ultrasound-direct.com/clinic-locations/stockton/

Turquoisetamborine Tue 12-Jan-16 16:42:19

I take it you've tried The Woodlands? I live further north than you but they do them at the private clinic in gosforth if you'd travel that far,

Ijustworkhere Tue 12-Jan-16 16:49:56

There are a couple of private places in Leeds if you can pay. There's a baby bond one and one called thisismy. Not cheap but appointments are available at short notice usually.

LifeIsChaos Tue 12-Jan-16 16:54:01

There's babybond in Jesmond

LifeIsChaos Tue 12-Jan-16 16:55:56

I think the rvi in Newcastle will do a private reassurance scan

Colabottle10 Tue 12-Jan-16 17:05:03

Thanks all. Yes it was Woodlands that emailed back saying the nearest one that does it is Sheffield. It's not the money, it's the distance. I'm suffering with awful sickness and just can't manage a long car journey. I'll look at baby bond in Stockton and the RVI. Thanks all x

LifeIsChaos Tue 12-Jan-16 17:07:22

You used to be able to book appointments at babybond online

hula16 Tue 12-Jan-16 18:55:24

Yep, as others have mentioned Babybond are in Newcastle, Stockton and Mothercare at Team Valley in Gateshead smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now