Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

advice on maternity pay please...

(9 Posts)
Maxfell2008 Mon 11-Jan-16 10:09:45

Hey, just a simple yes or no will do.

I started my new job on the 17th october.

I have recently found out i am expecting and am 9 weeks today. ( i am waiting till my 12 week scan before i tell them...)

would i be entitled to their maternity pay? Or do i have to be with the company for 6 months prior to falling pregnant?

Like i said a simple yes or no.

Just so i can be prepared.

We do not qualify for tax credits.

Ta xx

Cazm2 Mon 11-Jan-16 10:34:39

You will need to look at company policy? Do they have any enhanced pay?

Maxfell2008 Mon 11-Jan-16 10:40:07

hi Cazm2 there is bizarrely nothing in my company handbook.... frustrating.

Cazm2 Mon 11-Jan-16 10:41:30

If you have worked for employer for 26 weeks up till 15 weeks before due date you should be entitled to stat mat pay. Do you have a HR you can ask?

originalusernamefail Mon 11-Jan-16 10:43:01

Occupational maternity pay will depend on your companies policy, if there is nothing in the handbook you will need to contact HR. To qualify for SMP you need to have been working continuously for 26 weeks up to your 25 week of pregnancy, if not I think it's maternity allowance. It's all on the yougov website.

Diddlydokey Mon 11-Jan-16 10:46:24

To get SMP you need to have worked for the company for 26 weeks by 15 weeks before your due date. So, yes.

Enhanced pay is often offered by employers after a certain amount of time

Junosmum Mon 11-Jan-16 10:51:09

Yes to statutory maternity pay (6 weeks at 90% of normal pay, 33 weeks at £140 per weeks).

IF your company has occupational mat pay (some do some don't) it will depend on policy of your company/ your contract. But fur most, you have to have worked for the company for 1 year before you are 28 weeks pregnant, if that's the case you wouldn't be entitled to ot.

Maxfell2008 Mon 11-Jan-16 11:04:49

i have just found some info, and i could have , but its saying as i earn £403 a month ( my employer cut hours due to unable to afford staffing), i earn less than the 112 which is statutory. So i cannot get maternity pay...

i would only get 2 weeks recognition pay...

i have just gone on gov.com and have filled the form out which them and apparently i can get around 100 per week so hoping that is still ok when it comes to sorting this out.

Junosmum Mon 11-Jan-16 12:05:09

Could you get over time during your 'qualifying weeks' to push you over the threshold?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now