Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do you stop being "food sick"

(3 Posts)
Saphwoodman Sun 10-Jan-16 13:16:05

I have horrible sickness at 13 weeks and can't stop being sick! It's just come on in the past 2 days for some reason, I think it could be a migraine as I have a bad head as well. I have always had a phobia of being sick out food. With water or fluid I'm ok but when it's undigested food I panic a lot and get really grossed out. I'm so hungry but so nauseas so obviously I want to eat but not if I'm going to be sick it out! How long after eating food does it take for it to digest and not come out if being sick?

Quodlibet Mon 11-Jan-16 00:01:05

I'm sorry you feel so rubbish. I don't really think it's a good strategy to not eat though. Low blood sugar is just going to make your nausea worse. Try eating little and often?

GiveMeVegemite Mon 11-Jan-16 00:11:59

Maybe try eating some pureed soups and fresh veg and fruit juice so you are still getting some nutrients?

Also take multivitamins and iron tablets as they will stop you feeling so run down.

It sounds like it is psychological, pregnancy can bring on a lot of stress and manifest itself in different ways.

I would go and see your doc if you can't keep anything down because you want to make sure that you and your baby are staying healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now