Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

stop start labour

(13 Posts)
themumfairy Sun 10-Jan-16 10:14:34

Anyone else had labour that stopped and started? Friday night I had period pain 15 mins apart for 3 hours then last night stronger contractions that were 15 mins apart for 4 hours. They were going into my back. Tried to sleep while I could but this morning woke up again to nothing.
Does this sound like slow labour?

Iloveonionchutney Sun 10-Jan-16 10:17:11

It does sound like slow labour, with my first I had that for about 5 days, with my second it lasted two days.
You'll now for when labour properly starts, it just feels different to all the pains your getting low. I can't describe how, I just knew.

Iloveonionchutney Sun 10-Jan-16 10:18:03

Sorry about the spelling, feeding youngest at same time.

themumfairy Sun 10-Jan-16 10:50:35

Thankyou for quick reply smile
I've had a walk round the block to keep active and I'm going to nip out and get a birthing ball in a min. I'm booked for a sweep tomorrow and I'm hoping I might be 1cm dilated.

stargirl1701 Sun 10-Jan-16 10:52:12

Yes. I had 3 weeks of early labour from midnight-5am. I read recently that it may be positioning contractions to get the baby into an optimal position for birth.

Iloveonionchutney Sun 10-Jan-16 11:07:41

Fingers crossed the sweep helps you along too, I was 2cm on both my sweeps and within 24 hours I was in full blown labour.
Good luck with it all!

lilac3033 Sun 10-Jan-16 11:18:14

2 nights of that for me, on the next morning I had a sweep. I was 1.5cm dialated and labour kicked off 2 hours after it! DD was born within 20 hours of the sweep.

GrouchyKiwi Sun 10-Jan-16 11:22:03

I had that with DD2. Two weeks of what my MW called latent labour. Hated it.

When DD2 did finally arrive it was about 18 hours after a sweep, which MW did on my due date because of the latent labour. When I arrived at the birthing suite I wasn't dilated at all; DD2 was born 2 1/2 hours later.

Birthing ball is very helpful, IME. Good luck!

Newlywed123 Sun 10-Jan-16 16:26:56

I had this! My contractions started about 6pm quite strong but not very regular, I went to bed and ended up drifting off around midnight. Woke up the next morning to nothing. Happened again the next night too. On the third night they started again around 6, told my partner at midnight I was in Labour.. he went back to sleep (was meant to be going away with work at 5am) they never went away, went into hospital at 3am and was 6cm. Had her at 37+4 at 2.19pm smile

Sounds like this is the start for you, good luck! flowers

themumfairy Sun 10-Jan-16 17:13:42

Thankyou, this will be night 3 tonight so fingers crossed it's the same for me. I keep thinking maybe my waters are leaking but I think I'm just hoping it's not wee blush

Iloveonionchutney Sun 10-Jan-16 17:41:23

I was paranoid my waters were leaking and when I was examined at the hospital they could feel the baby's hair! I'd been leaking upto two days so had to be observed for twelve hours for infection after having dd2. If your having a sweep they should know of your waters are leaking though.

themumfairy Sun 10-Jan-16 18:11:31

I'll mention it tomorrow to the midwife. I've been on maternity for 2 weeks and thought everything was ready but now I think she's close to coming I've found loads that need to be done. I'm hoping keeping busy will speed things up

mrsjskelton Mon 11-Jan-16 10:04:57

Closest friends slow labour went on for 8 days!!
That was very stop start'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now