Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Late pregnancy Pains - TMI!

(4 Posts)
ALR123 Fri 08-Jan-16 23:39:26

I'm 39+2 and have had no signs of labour. Not lost my plug or anything.
However for the last 3 days I've had excruciating stomach pains a couple of times a day, the kind that will stop me in my tracks and take my breath away. I can't walk or concentrate and they don't ease off. A lot worse than the braxton hicks I've been having.
I've realised that as soon as I go for a . no.2 the pain instantly goes and I'm fine again.
my poos are normal (not loose or constipated) and the pain isn't like any pain I've ever had before when I need the toilet. It's all in my lower uterus.
has anyone else had this and if so what causes it! It's making me panic about going out as it's so bad when it comes on!
I thought I had a high pain threshold till this now I'm wondering how I will cope during labour blush

Iammad Sat 09-Jan-16 07:23:29

I get this and yes it is horrible, I think its weight of baby and everything getting ready for labour down there.

ALR123 Sat 09-Jan-16 09:17:38

Oh really? I'm glad it's not just me then. It's bloody awful sad

Beautifulbella Sat 09-Jan-16 17:59:24

My dd is now 6months old, I remember this feeling, it was so bad at one point I went to the hospital just to be checked over, it was just the baby getting into position and the weight dropping down there. I then went over due by five days overdue, sending hugs as I know how uncomfortable this can be. Your almost there! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now