Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling feverish

(5 Posts)
Beansprout30 Thu 07-Jan-16 12:48:58

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and am in bed with headache, aches and burning up and chills. Can anyone advise anything I can take? My temp is about 38.50... Is this too high? So worried

Fifi10 Thu 07-Jan-16 14:04:27

It is a high temperature, but it depends on how you have been taking your own temp. Apparently the one you stick in your ear is accurate to take temp at home. How long have you had the temp?

If you are worried I'd ring GP for advice, but it could just be a nasty bug

BettyBi0 Thu 07-Jan-16 16:27:39

Ugh it's horrible being ill when pregnant. My only advice would be lots of fluids, take paracetamol, and get checked by GP/ midwife for UTI just in case. Probably just a bad cold/flu but I felt like I had flu minus the snot and cough for about 3-4 weeks and I finally found out it was a silent UTI which is really common in pregnancy apparently.

Iammad Thu 07-Jan-16 16:53:35

A high temp over 38 can effect baby in later pregnancy (make baby have a high heart rate) as I was listening in to the consultant at the hospital yest advising a lady.
So not sure about your stage of pregnancy.
I would phone up nhs and ask for advice.

Beansprout30 Fri 08-Jan-16 08:33:47

Thanks all I feel a little better today must have got a chill. May call mw later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now