Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

miscarriage at 6 weeks still no af

(5 Posts)
kay6116 Wed 06-Jan-16 23:24:22

I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks on 11/29. Still no signs of af. Dr. Gave us Ok to ttc after I stopped bleeding. When could I possibly expect af.

UptownFunk00 Thu 07-Jan-16 00:33:40

Sometimes after a loss you can skip a period or just have a late one.

So any time from now to 2 weeks seems plausible. If by the end of January it hasn't arrived I'd go back to see your GP.

sizethree Thu 07-Jan-16 03:55:02

Sorry to read about your miscarriage. Really is one of life's toughest experiences.
Anywhere between 4-8 weeks is normal for a period to return. The HCG levels need to go to zero before you'll ovulate again, and I found that the further along I was, the longer it took for AF to arrive after a loss.
Are you waiting for AF before TTC? As it's possible to fall pregnant after MC first cycle, but makes it a bit harder to date the pregnancy.
It's difficult not to be impatient, but it sometimes does take a bit of time for the body to adjust itself.
Wishing you a BFP soon and the most uneventful smooth 9 months.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Thu 07-Jan-16 04:07:40

Did you have a scan? If not, you should have one, just in case - there is always a possibility that you miscarried one twin and are still pg with the other, a scan will have ruled this out of course.

kay6116 Sat 09-Jan-16 18:13:03

My HCG levels went back to 0 two weeks after MC we started trying right away.I've taken two test both clear neg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now