Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm probably just nervy

(6 Posts)
swg1 Wed 06-Jan-16 10:30:19

I have gestational diabetes, am at 31 weeks and every appointment they've been very firm on asking if baby is still moving a lot.

Last night and this morning he's still moving but.. subdued? Like, I'm not going "ow" as I was before. I can feel him kicking regularly but not as energetically. Am I being paranoid or should I call the midwife?

(Extra information if important, Braxton Hicks have been insane over last few days)

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 06-Jan-16 10:34:45

I would call just for your own peace of mind-I'm a worrier though! Xx

swg1 Wed 06-Jan-16 10:57:54

Ngh. Paced a bit, ate my breakfast, then called the hospital just to check in. They're going to check him at 1 if he doesn't wake up a bit.

C'mon kid, get your ballet shoes back on.

CarShare Wed 06-Jan-16 10:58:17

Yes, likely to be absolutely fine but go to have fetal monitoring just in case at the day assessment centre. The machine they use will be able to detect how contracted your uterus is since you've been getting BH.

CarShare Wed 06-Jan-16 10:59:37

X posts- glad you're going in! It'll be nice to be reassured.

swg1 Wed 06-Jan-16 11:35:08

Ha, and now I called in I had a bath and he suddenly woke up a bit. I'll give it some time, see how he goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now