Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! Pain!

(9 Posts)
lfitzgerald100 Wed 06-Jan-16 07:09:26

Hi all! I'm 32+3 weeks with my second baby and I'm in so much pain! I've pain in my lower back, hips, pelvis, thighs even my butt cheeks hurt! confused anybody have any advice they can give me? I didn't have this with my first one but I'm guessing that's because he was born at 34 weeks only weighing 4lb and this baby apparently is measuring 3 weeks bigger than he should be?!

Any advice on how I can calm this pain down? sad

MrsJamesFraser Wed 06-Jan-16 16:45:57

I am 26 weeks and feeling very similar. Only really started in last 5/6 days but cannot bear the thought that I may feel like this until baby is born.

I have been referred to physio by midwife but not sure how long I will have to wait for an appointment. Usually v fit and active and struggling with lack of mobility and constant pain. Went swimming last night which I'd read could help but obviously one session isn't going to have dramatic effect sad

No advice sorry, but I empathise.

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 06-Jan-16 16:48:13

Could you go to see an osteopath or look up some helpful yoga stetches online? Otherwise I suggest lots of long baths and rest. Are you working op? Hope you get some relief soon.

Frank85 Wed 06-Jan-16 20:54:03

Get a pregnancy support belt, I have been wearing one since 15 weeks and Im 28 now Absolutely agony without it on, only way I can walk and get to work!

UptownFunk00 Wed 06-Jan-16 21:05:42

Same as Frank I have had a belt since 16 weeks now 34 I'd honestly be in tears going for walks without it- it's equally as hard as have a 2.9 year old who likes being picked up for hugs. Huge sympathy PGP is the pits!

madsaz76 Wed 06-Jan-16 22:00:41

ask your midwife if you can get some physio asap

Pagetta Wed 06-Jan-16 22:05:43

yes as madsaz says egt some physio - there should be a physio referral form in your white notes so you can request some!

lfitzgerald100 Thu 07-Jan-16 06:10:21

Thanks for the responses and sorry to hear you guys are suffering the same, it really does suck sometimes! I've been awake since 5.30 because I've now got pain in my calves and ankles! sad

I am waiting for a physio appointment, have been waiting for 6 weeks already, they said it could be another 6 weeks before I see anyone and I'm hope baby will be here about then!

Ive tried stretches and baths so I think I'll have to try the belt next!

lfitzgerald100 Thu 07-Jan-16 12:47:08

Just had my growth scan and he's measuring at 36 weeks and my waters measuring on the 90th centile, could explain all the pain! Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now