Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Expecting the worst

(3 Posts)
Jenjen85 Tue 05-Jan-16 18:48:34

So long story short found out on boxing day that I'm pregnant with the coil in (very shocked to say the least but come round to the idea and me on OH are happy). Had pregnancy symptoms feeling sick sore boobs extremely tired. Been the Dr's and hospital last week and my coil was removed a scan showed a sac but no heartbeat or anything else. Had blood test Tuesday then thursday and HCG went from 400 - 600. Got another scan this Thursday to see if pregnancy is viable as been having spotting. Most of my pregnancy symptoms have gone apart from tiredness and occasionally sore nipples. The sonographer thought it might be too early on my first scan but my last period was 22nd Nov. What with me spotting and loss of symptoms I'm rather worried for Thursday now sad. Anyone kind of gone through the same thing?

helloelo Tue 05-Jan-16 22:00:08

Completely normal not to see anything else apart from the sac at this stage (bHCG needs to be >1000 for a tiny fetal pole and even then you can sometimes only see the yolk sac) and certainly not a heartbeat (closer to week 6).
Have a look at baby2see website and their early scan explanation.
And relax.

helloelo Tue 05-Jan-16 22:02:54

And they have a bHCG doubling time calculator as well.
Symptoms do vary, don't rely on that at this early stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now