Talk

Advanced search

overnight /just in case bag

(3 Posts)
Autumn2014 Tue 05-Jan-16 16:40:37

I'm putting together a grab bag that I can keep ready for any admissions. I've previously had a premature baby and being monitored for another high risk pregnancy. I don't need a labour and delivery bag in the sense that I don't need baby clothes etc because if my baby was born now it would go straight to nicu
Last time I was admitted I had to scrabble to get things together and the labour bag was pretty useless and only served to remind me that I hadn't had a normal full term outcome and so I'm going to do a separate bag for the baby.
I'm going to pack basics for an overnight stay in case I'm admitted from the dau and then I can get my husband to bring in extra stuff as needed. So apart from toiletries and nightwear what else would you put in?

DowntonDiva Tue 05-Jan-16 16:46:54

Maternity Notes?

For you - my essentials when I went in to hospital suddenly (non pregnancy related)
Spare glasses/contact lenses/phone charger (if you have them)
Hair band
Lip balm
A pen

Runningupthathill82 Tue 05-Jan-16 17:07:15

I had an emergency admission and wished I'd had time to grab a few things - as it was, DH arrived at the hospital to meet me, bearing an overnight bag that contained two bras, no knickers, a pair of slippers and not much else!

I would say, aside from toiletries and pyjamas:
Hairbrush and bobble
Warm socks
Spare t shirt
Phone charger
Snack

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: