Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due date

(5 Posts)
fairyfeatures Tue 05-Jan-16 12:57:41

It's my due date!!! Yayyyyyy..... Or what an anti climax sad
I haven't slept probably with underlying anticipation and I'm exhausted.
I've been having tightenings/practice contractions/pains for 3 weeks now but never amount to anything. Today the heartburn is trying to kill me. I am also getting the sharpest pains ever in my fanjo today. Just out of the blue - I mean is that even a sign?
Somebody hold my hand or kick my up the arse please?

mellowyellow1 Tue 05-Jan-16 14:17:51

Yay on the due date! No advice here clueless first timer, I hope it all begins soon for you though!

How do you know what a practice contraction is? I'd be so scared of ringing the labour ward and getting moaned at for wasting their time!

sepa Tue 05-Jan-16 15:01:28

Good luck. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

First timer here so not got experience to say if they are good signs or not!

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 05-Jan-16 16:00:42

Congratulations! I went into labour with my first DS 3 days overdue.....but like you had been having random pains for about 5 weeks prior! half way point with DS2 today so sorry but cant comment on this time got a way to go yet!! hope its soon for you!! xx

Zeitgei5t Tue 05-Jan-16 17:33:36

Hand holding. Due date yesterday. Also been convinced for last 3 weeks that baby would be early due to amount of braxton hicks, backache and sharp pains from headbutting. Apparently not. Went 12 days over with 1st so not sure why I'm surprised. Ho hum. reaches for more of the Christmas chocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now