Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Home birth

(5 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Tue 05-Jan-16 10:51:25

Has anyone had a home birth? I have a 9 year gap between first baby and this one and also live in a first floor flat. I'm wondering if a home birth is possible.

Yarpyarp Tue 05-Jan-16 14:10:15

I have, with a pool. It was great. Assuming pregnancy is normal etc then cant see any issue with you living in a flat. They say there is sometimes a concern with the weight of a pool plus water (if you have one) but can't be that different from a bathtub plus water. Go for it! Can highly recommend Birth Pool In A Box.

Scattymum101 Tue 05-Jan-16 17:53:45

I had a home birth with my second last February. I was in a first floor flat. I got a birth pool in a box mini and it was amazing. The whole experience was fantastic and so positive.

Heavenscent86 Tue 05-Jan-16 18:59:00

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to seriously consider it and discuss all the options with my partner and midwife. I really like the idea.

Scattymum101 Tue 05-Jan-16 21:14:41

It's definitely worth considering. If you explore all the information and feel it's right for you all then it's definitely worth pursuing.

My hubby had reservations at first but the more research we did together, the more he came around.

We had a lovely day the day dd2 was born. We lay on the couch and watched movies most of the day until things got more intense and then the midwife came out, assessed me and left to leave me breathing space but stayed close by. She and her colleague arrived back around half an hour before dd2 was born.
Very different to labour no1 which was three days of back to back labour.
Good luck with it all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now